Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems Problems memory
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems Problems memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tekkytyke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Problems Problems memory Reply with quote

I did have smartst running with UK Eastern France and Italy maps loaded on a 256MB Sandisk SD card No problem

I then added a 512MB Sandisk CF card on the NAVMAN Jacket. I could not get the application to run so deleted it all and re-installed. I selected the storage card 2 and loaded approx 248MB worth of maps.

Now SmartST will not run as it says insufficient memory in spite of the following:

Storage Free 24.45 MB Program Free 29.10 MB

Storage card (SD) free 216.45 MB

IPAQ File store 6.56MB Free

Storage card2 247.17 MB Free

the only thing I can think of (see earlier post re CF card drivers) is that CF card in some way is not being read properly. I do not have another card to insert first as the poster suggested

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Problems Problems memory Reply with quote

Tekkytyke,

Your CF Card is fine if you are able to see it and load maps on it which you are.

See this post for more details about the NavMan and CF cards http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=1021&PagePosition=1
Tekkytyke
Occasional Visitor

Thanks -yet again - absolutely excellent site . I wish I'd known a few days ago though, but can store other stuff like music anyway (provided I can be bothered to carry around bulky jacket for CF slot)..... This is a double whammy talking of bad timing...It was a 'toss-up' between Tom0Tom navigator and Navman but after the response to my e-mail asking if there was a cheaper option to buying separate 'country packs' to travel across Europe they said No. Then a few days on they announce Tom-Tom Mavigator 2 with 3d mapping -Europe wide map pack etc!!

I cannot believe they did not 'tip me the wink' even if they were not specific and just said 'hold on a few days for an announcement ! It cost them a sale and me buying what would have been my preferred choice.

Some companies still have a lot to learn about marketing

PS fancy going 'halves' on designing and marketing a clip on cover for the iPaq screen when it is still in the GPS Jacket so you can just slip it into your bag/pocket/whatever without risking scratching the screen

There must be a market for such a low cost product
BrianT
Regular Visitor

'scuse me for jumping in at this late stage but for when I carry around my iPaq "when it is still in the GPS Jacket" I bought the standard Compaq 'expandable' carrying case and cut a hole in the top for the antenna. I put some black insulation tape around the hole and a local shoe repairer stitched all around - looks neat and serves well!

As the GPS antenna is slightly to one side, before cutting the hole I had to decide if I'd have the device facing out or in when it's hanging from my belt. I opted for facing out but you might prefer to have it facing in.

Brian.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: