Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Stealth speed camera vans"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Stealth speed camera vans"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gym
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: "Stealth speed camera vans" Reply with quote

Really?!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/motoring/warning-police-trial-stealth-speed-8305939?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a new rule (or guidelines?) that state they no longer need to advertise where speed cameras are anymore. I know West Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership have been running a campaign recently to say they no longer warn where camera vans are going to be.

I suspect this is similar - it's not marked up cos they don't need to 'advertise' anymore.
BritBrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that, they seem to pop up anywhere and when checking local information for camera locations they are not included.

I have reported some here some for the database.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/request/speed-camera-information/speed-camera-sites/
JackCohen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
I think there's a new rule (or guidelines?) that state they no longer need to advertise where speed cameras are anymore. I know West Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership have been running a campaign recently to say they no longer warn where camera vans are going to be.
Getmodnow is a unique platform for movie lovers where you can find apps and mods for watching movies for free.
I suspect this is similar - it's not marked up cos they don't need to 'advertise' anymore.

You're right. I have noticed a similar trend. Many places no longer advertise speed camera locations due to new rules or guidelines. Looks like they don't need to publish them anymore. This could also account for unmarked trucks.
Lingthe1973
Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painted grey, and typically positioned behind the illuminated variable speed signage, these cameras have also been catching speeding motorists whilst remaining almost invisible until it is too late. Questions have been raised as to the legality of using unmarked vehicles and hidden cameras for speed enforcement.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should it be anything else? If you stick to the law and don't speed it isn't an issue.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree

I see many posts about 'sneaiy tactics' but if you want to speed then expect sooner or later to get caught and watch your insurance rise even further

Insurance companies now have access to driving licences and will know when you've attracted points
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough said. This side of the border, the authorities have left us alone for the last 6 months but full enforcement of the new 20mph limits began last Monday. I predict a shower of NIP confetti landing on doorsteps from this coming week until further notice as it's not easy to keep to 20. A guaranteed vote loser.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no difficulty keeping to 20 - manual gearbox I simply use a gear which does it for me.

And I view the furore about the 20 situation as a silly reaction by people who see an excuse to join the bandwagon.

When the government introduced the option I considered it a bit of a joke - my opinion was (still is) that the best thing to do was change the whole 30mph rule to 20. No more confusion, simply built up area equals 20mph. And no messing about with local councils wasting our money on meetings and reports, then huge amounts spent on implementing it - here in Keynsham I wouldn’t like to count the number of large 20 signs at the entrances to all the side roads leading off 30mph roads, then the number of small 20 repeaters AND the labour costs, ridiculous!!! By handing the decisions to local councils, the government opted out of it AND made the councils pay the costs AND get the blame for it.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand 20mph side streets but the main road also being 20 does seem illogical in a lot of places

The main roads near me that are now 20 also have road humps that are more comfy taken at 20 so I'm happy at 20 on those roads even though it encourages tailgaters

What I find amusing though is that my Jazz has regenerative braking so when I ease off the throttle the car slows faster than an ICE car and gives drivers the impression I have no brake lights so they back off Very Happy
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. To me, the logic is that for simpletons like me, we go back to the old fashioned situation of just three national default speed limits, 20, 60 and 70. Let’s face it, whatever limit is in force, there are drivers who ignore it because they know better and are such brilliant drivers that they can cope safely with every possible event. Just saying.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: