Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why have TT removed clearflash.exe?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why have TT removed clearflash.exe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Why have TT removed clearflash.exe? Reply with quote

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/kw/clearflash/sno/1 now goes nowhere and as I'm persona-non-grata over there I cannot ask/query/challenge/moan etc about it.

PS, unless mods wish to remove this link, there is always:- http://www.filefactory.com/file/7jt1kbgl7g5j/clear_flash.rar
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they say there is no such thing as a stupid question Twisted Evil

The answer to any question beginning "Why have TT" is - because they can.

Another one is why have TT killed off Home with a forced duff update, can't use Home without the update and the update won't install. Rolling Eyes
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh all right; my bad for asking such a silly question Embarassed I should know better by now!

Be interesting (not) to hear their reason/excuse/illogicality/asinine reply (if someone could be a4sed to query it on their forum) though Crying or Very sad

PS I'm sure you already know that your TT One V3 512MB + RDS TMC UK&RoI isn't REALLY dead in the water all the time the "other" forums are live & active Wink
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered the Home duff update. After many moons, I solved it by uninstalling Home, then downloading it again from TT. I presumed my problem was Mac is not used to crummy software.

Can't use it any more now - my GO520 (the NAV2 model that worked, not the new improved as seen on TV model) has at long last expired. Can't complain for a 14 year old piece of kit that had 73 times the functionality of the latest ones the latest ones.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DennisN, I reiterate my PS in the post above yours. Your "old" GO520 ain't dead or useless!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
@DennisN, I reiterate my PS in the post above yours. Your "old" GO520 ain't dead or useless!

It is, I'm afraid. The power switch needs a watchmakers screwdriver to switch it on and off and when plugged in during driving, it switches itself off after a couple of hours. Believe me, in desperation I have been doing this for a few months now and I am exhausted by it. It's only because it switches itself off that I am giving up, can't get it back to life whilst driving and can't afford to stop for long enough to administer CPR, got a delivery to make! I've still got the remote in my cup holder out of fond nostalgia. Crying or Very sad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I've still got the remote in my cup holder out of fond nostalgia. Crying or Very sad

Ah, bless! Sad
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:

PS I'm sure you already know that your TT One V3 512MB + RDS TMC UK&RoI isn't REALLY dead in the water all the time the "other" forums are live & active Wink
Unfortunately it is. I have managed to salvage the time issue with an add on app but he sat lock is goosed. There may be a workaround by installing unofficial firmware but as the maps are no longer updated it is not really worth the effort.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

molerat wrote:
... but he sat lock is goosed.

Have you tried to download QuickGPSfix? My 2004 TT910 is able to continue if I download QuickGPSfix weekly.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
molerat wrote:
... but he sat lock is goosed.

Have you tried to download QuickGPSfix? My 2004 TT910 is able to continue if I download QuickGPSfix weekly.
QuickGPSfix makes things a little better, it will lock on to generally 3 to 5 sats - 5 being the absolute best with a clear sky - but then will just lose the plot. Problem is of course that I can't download the latest file due to the Home update problem.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the trick or running an older version TTHome
see from this post onwards:- https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=636181#636181 from this topic https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=97858&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edit: Modified link to work correctly - Oldboy
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest this has now gone into the can't be bothered category. TomTom obviously don't want me to use their devices any longer and I am happy to accommodate them Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: