Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Loading ‘free to download’ poi to Jaguar XF
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading ‘free to download’ poi to Jaguar XF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcgoverg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Loading ‘free to download’ poi to Jaguar XF Reply with quote

Hi,
Having difficulty loading downloaded ‘landmark’ poi to 14 Jaguar XF.
I’ve logged into GP’s world site and downloaded the set of landmark poi to a newly formatted 256MB usb.

The car recognises the stick and the files but each one of the 5 poi files is flagged as corrupt when I try to import it.

I’m trying this in advance of taking a subscription for cameras db. Hopefully someone can help.

Apologies if there is a current thread on this already.

G
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which format have you downloaded the POIs in?
What format does the car expect them to be in?

I suspect that your problem is in this area, but I suspect we don't have too many Jag experts on the site who would be able to help. Searching the forums for "Jaguar" may be your best bet if you don't know the aswers to the questions above.
mcgoverg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for responding.

According to the website Jaguar expects GPX format and that’s the prefix for the poi files when unzipped.

Grateful for any other suggestions.

G
brucet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Jaguar xf Reply with quote

mcgoverg wrote:

According to the website Jaguar expects GPX format and that’s the prefix for the poi files when unzipped.

G

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem. I downloaded as .gpx, but this doesn't seem to work. Like you, my intention was to go on to download speed cameras, but if I can't get it to work it seems pointless.
mcgoverg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar xf Reply with quote

brucet wrote:
mcgoverg wrote:

G

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem. I downloaded as .gpx, but this doesn't seem to work. Like you, my intention was to go on to download speed cameras, but if I can't get it to work it seems pointless.

Hi, no I couldn’t get it to work at all despite trying a few different approaches. In the end I’ve ended up with Cyclops app loaded on my phone and it’s on a dashboard mount so I get alerts through that. It’s not ideal cos I have both the satnav and the phone talking at me but on the other hand it means if I switch cars I still have camera warnings.

Cyclops seems to have a good database and it’s very accurate, within 5metres, when advising of cameras.
Cheers
Gerry
brucet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Jaguar xf Reply with quote

Thanks Gerry,

I have a Tom Tom which I can use in this car, but it's a ball ache when there is a perfectly useable device built in to the Jag. Oh well!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: