Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2nd Hand Compaq/Co Pilot Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Hand Compaq/Co Pilot Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ianh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 2nd Hand Compaq/Co Pilot Software Reply with quote

I've been offered a second hand copy of the Compaq version of the CoPilot software - Does anyone know if this will work with the standard NAVMAN sleeve as opposed to the Compaq Sleeve, or is there some copy protection that will stop me ?

Any help before I spend my money, as I don't want to spend much as I use TomTomNAV normally, but I need occassional cover for NI & Eire
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 2nd Hand Compaq/Co Pilot Software Reply with quote

I'm afraid it won't. Compaq although they use Navman sleeves, they are modified and the software will only work on a Compaq iNS sleeve.
JohnG
Occasional Visitor

I would suggest you contact Navman.

They are very helpful.

I had the problem with going the other way.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

John, would you care to expand on this? Are you saying you had problems using 3rd Party Software on a Compaq iNS version of the Navman 3000 Jacket? If so I'd like to hear about it. Mail me if you prefer?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Both Duncan and myself have tried the iNS CD version of CoPilot, and this wouldn't receive a lock under normal circumstances on the generic Navman 3000 sleeve. Duncan has managed to get it to work, but only by fudging the registry, and even then it will work for a short period of time, before dialog error boxes appear on screen, and then close the app shortly after.
slay
Occasional Visitor

Dave/Duncan

Any chance of a copy of your registry modification, I have an idea I would like to try and will of courese share results with you :-)

Regards
chewitz
Occasional Visitor

I have iNS 1.2 and recently upgraded the iPAQ rom hence had to reinstall CoPilot. The version on the CF card had been removed and reinstalled from CD version. However although CoPilot will track position, it still reports looking for satelites and hence the maps are hidden. I have also installed Destinator1 which works fine. I was interested in the fact that the software could not be installed from the CD when there is an image of the CF card which I have also used to install, still with no success.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: