Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2014 Insignia Touch screen Navigation System Intellilink
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Insignia Touch screen Navigation System Intellilink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blade1889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: 2014 Insignia Touch screen Navigation System Intellilink Reply with quote

Hi
Im new on here but just wondered if anyone can help.
I have downloaded the Vauxhall Navi safety camera file, placed on USB stick all as per instructions, put it into usb port in the car, it then says new POIs found download, which i then do onto my cars sat Nav but i can not set them to display only navigate to them. I think the system on the new Insignia may be different to the Navi 600/900?
Does anyone know, many thanks

Jason
blade1889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?! Please
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you display any POIs such as the inbuilt ones?
blade1889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes I can display all built in ones, the ones I upload from here do not seem to go into any categories apart from the folder I name as My Pois, but this is does not appear on the option of displaying Pois? I can only search for these pois which shows them in a list relevant to their distance from my position and numbered on the map, as soon as I go back to the main screen they vanish. So I know they are uploading but I don't know why I can't display them.
I know this is the 2014 facelift Vauxhall Isignia so maybe the system is different from the others.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really help much as I don't have your device (or car) but presumably there are no clues in the handbook? Strange that you can display the built in POIs but not custom ones. Is there another method of putting POIs on the device that you can then display or will it not display ant custom POIs? Main dealer any use? They frequently are not by all accounts.
old_user_w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Pois Reply with quote

Hiya,
I have a similar system in my new Nissan Note, I had the same issue,how I confirmed it was ,I knew that the Nissan Connect only showed Fixed cameras and I knew there was a mobile site nearby.
I told the system to navigate to Speed Cameras and found the entry for the local camera, (Which was showing on the database).
So although I could not see it as a Poi it appears when you approach the camera.
Likewise with Shell.Park and Ride etc,They show on the map so they are in the data base.
Hope this makes sense? Very Happy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pois Reply with quote

woolfie wrote:
I told the system to navigate to Speed Cameras and found the entry for the local camera.{snip}
So although I could not see it as a Poi it appears when you approach the camera.
Your post seems to indicate that you have to navigate to the cam before it will show on the map. Is this true, or does it show on the map as you approach it without a route?
old_user_w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be there as you approach.
If you know like I did that the car sat nav was only showing fixed cameras (Nissan Connect),but you know of a mobile cam location, after you have put on PGPS mobile cams plan a route to it and it should be there.(Just for confirmation the files have uploaded)
I have had no problems so far with POIS or cameras not showing on approach. Cool
old_user_w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry: They will be there on approach without having to program. Cool
blade1889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I will try as Wolfe suggested, but it think I already did that. Had a route that I knew passed a site but it didn't show, but I will have another go and let you know.
Thanks Jason
MarkBrandham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Insignia Touch screen Navigation System Intellilink Reply with quote

Hi Blade 1889

Did you sort out the speed cam showing on the screen
as I am having the same issue

Cheers
Mark.

blade1889 wrote:
Hi
Im new on here but just wondered if anyone can help.
I have downloaded the Vauxhall Navi safety camera file, placed on USB stick all as per instructions, put it into usb port in the car, it then says new POIs found download, which i then do onto my cars sat Nav but i can not set them to display only navigate to them. I think the system on the new Insignia may be different to the Navi 600/900?
Does anyone know, many thanks

Jason
blade1889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No still not sorted, so anybody with any information please help
Thanks Jason
OldContemptible
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Same problem with Nav 900 Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. I can only navigate to the cameras and they do not show on the display.

Also the instructions say go to config ? I assume that is the gear icon for settings ?

The instructions do not mimic what I get on screen. I get a download message as soon as i put the memory stick in and it sees the file and downloads the cameras. Once I navigate out of the map and then go back in all of the cameras are gone.

This is really frustrating? To top it all there is a free download available that does exactly the same as this which I had originally tried and it did exactly the same as this download. I am wondering if they are the same ?

Pete
gerryceltic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's the same problem with the Opel Insignia too. It's possible to upload fixed cameras but like others it won't set up the mobile cams.
brair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: 2014 vauxhall insignia Reply with quote

I have got the 2014 insignia the infotainment manual says it is the touch r700/navi 900 it downloads the cameras from the usb stick they are all in myPois folder but does not show them when passing a camera.In the installed Pois there is a category named safety cameras which I have ticked to display but there is nothing in it.i have been in touch with Vauxhall and told them about this category and they say they do not put speed cameras in because it is illegal in France they say it is up to myself to install the cameras, I was wondering if I put the cameras into the safety camera folder if they would then work, but could anyone tell me how to do it.Please.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: