Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Enhancement requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
I downloaded Tasker ........ still can't get my head around the enormity of it, I shall persevere and report back..................

Yay! Very Happy
Tasker works for me. Happy Bunny. Laughing
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Traffic data lines Reply with quote

A way of turning off/disabling the pesky coloured lines all over the map would be nice. I accept some folks might like them, I personally don't, so an "option" to use would be good, rather than having them forced upon me .. Sad

Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesky coloured lines? Do you mean the traffic? I think that's a standard feature of using the Android Maps. I'll check with Lutz.
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have a permanent overlay over other apps (I'm thinking of when I use google maps) so Cameralert can show your current speed and the speed limit of where you are? If this could be added as an option that you could toggle on/off, that would be great.

I currently drive with Google maps on display which doesnt show any speed data in its screen and Cameralert in the background. When I approach a camera, Cameralert displays a temporary overlay of the upcoming camera.

Thanks.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having downloaded a few sat nav apps recently to try, they have all downloaded the maps for offline usage. Is it possible for this to be done with CamAlert, instead of relying on a live map all the time? Would save a lot of excess data being used when I forget to minimise the screen.

Mark
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzr1200 wrote:
...so Cameralert can show your current speed and the speed limit of where you are?
CA has no idea of the local speed limit, so that bit's not possible. It does however show you the trapping speed of the 'current' camera, which is not what I think you meant.
williamsf1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night mode, ie dark maps as in Waze and Google navigation please
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a setting for Night Mode on Android - there is on iPhone.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
williamsf1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no night settings
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be missing something really simple but..

Is there any way of marking a location and returning to it later (like you can on TomTom) with a single press. Having to select\input the info while driving is totally impractical.
Pulling over has been suggested but I have cameras on a M/way and a further distance to travel. Pulling over is not practical either.

There are at least 7 cameras (Specs 50mph) on the M60 near the Trafford Centre that are still not in the DB. ( 4 anticlockwise and 3 clockwise.) These are all within relatively short distances and capturing then accurately is difficult with the present Submit Camera method. I have submitted these manually but their locations may not be as accurate as they should be.
SatMap
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

williamsf1 wrote:
Night mode, ie dark maps as in Waze and Google navigation please
CamerAlert can't control how bright your map is, but you can set CA to List Mode which, on it's own, will produce a black screen with a list of cameras that are in range. Is this what you mean?

If so see http://www.cameralert.com/manual/?os=android - chapter 5.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
AntonM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any progress on providing a mute button to CamerAlert? I see it was mooted ( Wink ) in 2011 with the reply that it would be looked into. Or is it already there, and I have just missed it?
CAA_0229003137
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: GPS Lost Audible Alerts? Reply with quote

Sorry to add another to the pile! ;)

Is there a way to get audible "GPS connection lost" / "GPS connection restored" alerts with CamerAlert?

I noticed a few times today when I've been driving around and it hasn't been updating, and I had no idea as there's no indication of it audibly.

Thanks!
Mordorf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: No alert on active phone call Reply with quote

Is it possible to have an option to not alert if there is an active phone call.
The problem is if outputting alerts via bluetooth when an alert occurs whilst on a call it drops the call to phone speaker after the alert completes. You then either have to complete the call via the phone speaker which isn't an option for me as I am hard of hearing, or you have to pick up the phone and select output to bluetooth. Again not option due to safety and the law.
alab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Submissions when overseas, etc. Reply with quote

Guys
1)
When I travel abroad, for cost reasons, I do not have data roaming switched on. Because of this any submissions are queued, which is as it should be.
However there is no way (that I can see) of forcing their transmission, for example when wifi is available, or even when back in the UK.
The only way (that has been successful for me) to have them transmitted is by creating a new submission when back in the UK.
Could an enhancement be considered to allow submissions to be sent manually when wifi is available?

2)
Submissions that have been recorded but not yet accepted by your good selves do not appear to give a warning if the camera is passed again.
As there is an option to clear "cameras on phone" when downloading the latest version of the database, the app must be aware of them, so can the app please warn about cameras on phone?

3)
As the only setting that I find I ever have to change is the units (mph to kph and back again), can this option be moved up to the top level of settings, please?

4)
Finally, when the app fell over recently and asked if I wished to send a bug report, the e-mail address was flagged as not working. Might have been a temporary glitch, or may need looking into.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: