Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile Speed Camera Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Speed Camera Alerts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I live, the vans are usually there covering the A40 / M40 for 3/4 hour periods.
If however it is a police car / motorbike combo they tend to move around after an hour or so, maybe they called off, maybe they have to cover 3/4 locations in a tour of duty, anyway, they move around.
DjK4Yahweh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Where I live, the vans are usually there covering the A40 / M40 for 3/4 hour periods.
If however it is a police car / motorbike combo they tend to move around after an hour or so, maybe they called off, maybe they have to cover 3/4 locations in a tour of duty, anyway, they move around.

THANKS!!!
www.reverbnation.com/DjK4Yahweh
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile vans do move around over their shift.

I do a regular route in the truck from Huddersfield/Oswestry/Newtown/Telford/Market Drayton and back to Huddersfield, and there is a one that I have seen in different locations about 2 hours apart on the Oswestry to Telford section.

Plus I would think that moving around gives them the element of surprise, as staying in one location would probably mean drivers warning each other, which would mean less money in the benevolent fund.
DjK4Yahweh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Weekend Testing Tomtom & Cameralert apps Reply with quote

After much research & some great advice from others on this forum, & other forums too, I finally bought the Tomtom app & also subscribed to Tomtom's Live services HD traffic & Speed cameras & spent the weekend testing them out along with Cameralert.

So far all is working great...map & navigation seems accurate, I purposely headed towards congested areas & HD traffic was very accurate each time & always guided me around the traffic in good time, all the speed cameras that I already knew of were accurately pointed out with nice clear alerts by both apps, at least in London where i've been driving.

All in all i'm very happy that I ditched my free satnav apps & took the plunge to pay for tomtom's satnav & it's Live services and i'm also very happy to purchase Cameralert, which I have the option of using in the background or on its own when I know where i'm going & don't need to use a satnav. Very Happy
www.reverbnation.com/DjK4Yahweh

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: