Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert 1.3.6 Out Now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert 1.3.6 Out Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert 1.3.6 Out Now Reply with quote

Downloaded this morning.

Had no sound for some reason. Closed the app and restarted - sound working fine....

All seems fine so far. Like the alert banner (can't remember proper name for it) that now appears at the top of the screen on each alert.
rbecking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded latest today, was happy when saw one of updates was to add bluetooth support. I turned it on in settings, first camera I came to it worked perfectly though bluetooth in my car like a phonecall. But from then on nothing now.
rbecking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it nothing to do with bluetooth, sounds stops working if I use internal speaker too! This makes app useless now as I use it behind tomtom app!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

1) We're aware of the issue with the audio and are looking into it. For now you will need to double-tap the home button and force quit the app then restart it.

2) Go to iPhone settings > Notifications > CamerAlert > set to ‘Alert’. Then you get a pop up on screen when in background mode:
Tip: iPhone settings > Notifications > CamerAlert > ... on Twitpic
the pop up disappears once you have passed the camera.
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamerAlert does not appear in the Notification Centre in Setings on my iPhone 4? Is there a way to fix this so I can switch the alerts on until the audio is fixed?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently testing a fix that should (hopefully) force the app to display in the list of apps in notification settings.

MaFt
bedfordrd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to add that I'm also having issues with the sound (voice) notification since the update. The nice sounding lady has gone very quiet since the upgrade... Which was a little worrying when I set off on my 2.5hr journey.

Priot to the update it always notified me when I had it running in the background (iPhone 4), with CoPilot running in the foreground.

Are there any instructions on how to turn on the voice notifications again?

Also, have to say, having a little 'pop up' at the top of the screen when approaching a safety camera is, IMO, pretty useless and I would want to turn this off. Bring back the voice, please!

Thanks, Richard
bigcache
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedfordrd wrote:
Like to add that I'm also having issues with the sound (voice) notification since the update. The nice sounding lady has gone very quiet since the upgrade... Which was a little worrying when I set off on my 2.5hr journey.

Priot to the update it always notified me when I had it running in the background (iPhone 4), with CoPilot running in the foreground.

Also, have to say, having a little 'pop up' at the top of the screen when approaching a safety camera is, IMO, pretty useless and I would want to turn this off. Bring back the voice, please!

Thanks, Richard

The same experience and feeling.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedfordrd wrote:

close the app fully (task manager) and restart it - that will bring sound back. the sound only goes off in background mode. so if you leave it in the foreground it will keep warning. a fix has been submitted to apple for review

bedfordrd wrote:
Also, have to say, having a little 'pop up' at the top of the screen when approaching a safety camera is, IMO, pretty useless and I would want to turn this off.

you can turn it off in the main iphone settings under notifications - however the same issue that is stopping the app showing in the notification settings is the very thing that's stopping the audio.

when working properly (like it was on my iPhone 4 during testing) you can change the notifications to a blue pop up (shown above) so you see the camera details regardless of what app you are using - you can turn it off in the settings too.

however for some reason not all phones are showing this option. the update submitted to apple has removed the notifications completely and also fixed the sound issues. we will worry about adding the notifications again in a later update.

MaFt
bigcache
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grear, wait for the patch release in appstore...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: