Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there an error in the female voice warning?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an error in the female voice warning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm driving from Aberdeen to Exeter and back over the next week, leaving here on Wednesday. Unfortunately I'll be on my own but I will pay special attention to what is going on camerawise and report back!
JimP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I still haven't had chance to visit the suggested M6 J18 site but have made a couple of long trips in the last week and am still hearing the non-shortened female voice as saying FIFTY for all 70mph mobile cameras encountered.

I've now switched to the male voice and that quite plainly says SEVENTY.

The visual warning is correctly displayed as 70 for either voice.

Jim
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jim lad, I reckon yer goin' funny, or your hearing is. Joker Age comes to all of us in time, with different problems - mine is I can no longer run after buses, but at least all the women look like young godesses. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I can no longer run after buses, but at least all the women look like young godesses. Rolling Eyes

I think you got your priorities mixed up.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my age, the priority is getting to tomorrow and hankering after young (or otherwise) women (or godesses) was yesterday. Very Happy

JimP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doctor Dennis....
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's me back after a 1150 mile round trip from Aberdeen to Devon and back. I was sure on the way down that all the 70 mph mobiles were being said as 50 mph but on the way back I relocated my iPhone with duck tape to the side window (closer to my nearly 70 year old ears) and I have to confess that the mobiles were now reported as 70mph!!

Sorry about that chaps Embarassed - at least the important bits of me are still in working order........
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Tuesday and Wednesday this week I turned off my radio and concentrated on checking the 70mph mobile warnings and leaned forward to get closer for better hearing. They are 'seventy'. However, I can understand them being heard as fifty by some - I think the accent may be affected by the pronunciation of three syllables rather than one or two.

sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Problem with voice and picture Reply with quote

Hi All,

I don't know if this is the right forum section to discuss this. If not, would be grateful for a re-direction.

Up until a few weeks ago i noticed that TomTom (on iphone) would give me speed camera warnings and show a picture of where the fixed cameras are on my selected route. However, i would hear nothing from CamerAlert (though previously i used to get both giving me the warnings and the pictures on the route)

I changed the settings on the iphone to to turn speed cameras on but with no voice in the hope this would prompt CamerAlert to show the positions on cameras and give the warnings. However, although i now get the warnings rom Cameralert, i get no pictures of the camera or the speed limits.

I do not know what it is i have done but it all used to work really well about a month ago.

Any help greatly appreciated.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with voice and picture Reply with quote

sschandoo wrote:

I do not know what it is i have done but it all used to work really well about a month ago.

it sounds possibly that you are mixing and matching CamerAlert Standalone for iPhone and CamerAlert downloads of OV2 and OGG files for TomTom navigation for iPhone.

I personally cannot pursue it with you as this is posted during a brief wi-fi connection somewhere in the Swiss alps. But if I'm right, I'm sure somebody else will be able to put you on the right track soon.

sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with voice and picture Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
sschandoo wrote:

it sounds possibly that you are mixing and matching CamerAlert Standalone for iPhone and CamerAlert downloads of OV2 and OGG files for TomTom navigation for iPhone.

I personally cannot pursue it with you as this is posted during a brief wi-fi connection somewhere in the Swiss alps. But if I'm right, I'm sure somebody else will be able to put you on the right track soon.

Thanks Dennis. If somebody can help then that would be great.

I haven't downloaded anything separate as far as i know - simply had the TomTom for iPhone and the CamerAlert software. Should i remove the TomTom app and download it again?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom and CamerAlert are two separate apps. With TT running in foreground and CamerAlert in background, you will get navigation from TT and background audio only of PGPSW cameras in background - but no visible icons or distances from CamerAlert. If you at the same time have TT cameras enabled, that will also give icons and distances for TT cameras. Therefore it is possible that BOTH sets of cameras have the same camera, so TT shows icons and distances, whilst CamerAlert gives spoken warnings of type and speed. By coincidence, the situation may now be that only one of the systems has a particular camera, so you only get one system's warning method.

I personally will not use the TT cameras as I consider them unreliable.

It is possible to also download PGPSW camera database and install it inside TT navigation so that you get a combination of TT navigation and PGPSW cameras. I have to leave somebody else to tell you how to do that - I'm off to Italy now. Ciao bambino.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: