Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfish11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support Reply with quote

Mercedes Comand has finally grown up and allows personal POI (Point of Interest) and also can create a "Visual Warning". It seems that POI can be imported via Comand Online (Internet using connected blue tooth telephone).

In theory it should be possible to input speed camera locations etc into the system. However this is a challenge.

Has anyone managed this or has anyone got thoughts on how this can be done?

The interactive owners manuals for the system (Mercedes C Class interactive owners manual) gives details as follows

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-cars/ba/cars/w204/en/manual_base.shtml?id=../../../hu_cars/NTG4_5_ECE/en/comand-online/index_a.shtml&part=comand-online

Click "Navigation" on left hand menu then select "Personal POIs"

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this could be done. If someone can crack this there will be alot of happy MB drivers and someone will make some money!

I guess it is a matter of identifying the appropriate file type and then converting the GPS data base into that format.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that manual is clear as mud....

There are several places where there is a small "more" link, which look like they will take you to the section you want, but I've not gleaned much real info.
I did find a section that said Personal POIs were saved in .gpx format though (the database is already available in that format, select "Other - GPX")
Goldfish11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Hmm, that manual is clear as mud....

There are several places where there is a small "more" link, which look like they will take you to the section you want, but I've not gleaned much real info.
I did find a section that said Personal POIs were saved in .gpx format though (the database is already available in that format, select "Other - GPX")

Andy is there a simple way of testing this i.e. just putting in a few, maybe 100 poi in this file format. Can I download a free file off the web before I commit to purchasing the full data base? I guess this could be any poi's. I used to subscribe to the pocket GPS data base for my old TomTom but this has now lapsed so could do with testing things first.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the 'Free downloads' link at the top of the page
Jimbo73
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an example file, if anyone wants to have a go at a Garmin GPX to Daimler GPX converter!

PersonalPOIs.gpx

Tried to used the CODE BBCode to post it directly here but it would not allow me. The file is <1kb.

Looking at some of the tags (Presentation ShowOnMap and Activity), it looks like there may be enhanced functionality available that is not provided by the COMAND software.
rnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
So, any steps were done according to the topic? Any results? Also want some personal pois for my comand =)
UtilisaPW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I found this thread on How to import Speedcam in COMAND ONLINE, but unfortunatly in German.
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/blitzer-im-comand-online-t3653359.html

However I manage to create a proper GPX file from SCDB (with all Western Europe cam) in a DAIMLER GPX format.
LINK REMOVED By Admin

But I cannot find how to upload this file.

Any help would be appreciated

Have a nice day
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't post links to a database that has been obtained elsewhere. SCDB won't appreciate that and nor would we if it were our data being shared.

We're more than happy to look at offering a version that will work on Mercedes/Daimler and subscribers should be able to use our GPX version to convert.
Aoraki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren. I am changing to a Mercedes C class coupe on Wednesday for which I have specced COMAND Online. I am certainly interested in subscibing to a version of the database that will work on the new Comand. Have you had any other interest or is it just me?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is the only one on the subject so there is interest albeit from only a couple of people so far.
Aoraki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll hopefully have a better idea on how to upload to Comand after I have used it for a while.
From Mercedes online manual; "Personal POIs and routes are written to the memory card in a data format based on the open format GPX (GPS Exchange format). Geographical data is stored in this format."
I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Andy
hwangeruk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Add me to the lits of interested people.
paulsmusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: POI for merceded command. Reply with quote

+1 me please, very interested in Mercedes POI personal speed cam additions.
spyke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 more. Think that as the cars sell in higher volumes with the latest command, more people will want a speed camera data base for it.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the "+1"'s. You are in the best position to work out how to get the GPX files onto the COMAND system as you actually have it and can report back any findings.

You can download any set of POI points from the free POI database for testing (choose a GPX set). Also, if you could create and save some personal POIs, it could help in seeing what format it is using (and if it is using the open GPX format). It can then be compared to the standard.

GerryC

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: