Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEWS - Major updates for models using MyTomTom!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWS - Major updates for models using MyTomTom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: NEWS - Major updates for models using MyTomTom! Reply with quote

Just announced by TomTom today....

Quote:
Hello all,

We’ve been listening to your feedback and recognise that some of you are frustrated about the lack of communication around MyTomTom updates. We would therefore like to provide a status update and let you know about some of the improvements we’re working on.

A device software update will be released within the next two weeks for all TomTom GO 800 / 1000 / 2000 series, VIA and Start 20 series that connect to MyTomTom.

Some of the new features are:

· Speed cameras
For the first time, LIVE devices will now also (next to the mobile speed camera locations) receive fixed speed camera location updates over the air, sent directly to the device.

· Add personal content
Devices will have the ability to install new splash screens, community voices, car icons, warning sounds and community color schemes (this is already possible for devices in Europe which have the latest device software 10.200 installed).

· Multiple destinations along your route

The update will provide you with the ability to plan a route, adding up to four destinations (waypoints) along your route, using the ‘Travel via’ feature in the device menu.

· Device location search enhancements
TomTom Places will be added (in Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Denmark and Germany) to enhance the search possibilities on the device, complementing Google Local Search.

Other improvements
· Device stability has been improved, which will help eliminate reboots that some customers have been reporting.

Within the next couple of months we'll also be rolling out more features for MyTomTom, including:

- Purchasing and installing “Travel” maps, when you’re going to new destinations

- Free and premium voices

- Ability to re-install maps

- Overall user experience improvements (flow, stability, user experience…)

We're working on a lot more than this, but this is a brief overview of what's coming up next.

We will do our best to keep you up-to-date on new releases and other updates relating to MyTomTom as they happen.

Kenneth

IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

complementing Google Local Search?? I thought that was going?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 4 waypoints Shocked
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NEWS - Major updates for models using MyTomTom! Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Just announced by TomTom today....

Quote:

· Multiple destinations along your route

The update will provide you with the ability to plan a route, adding up to four destinations (waypoints) along your route, using the ‘Travel via’ feature in the device menu.

Oh dear, thats hardly Itinerary Planning is it....... - More like what the iPHone app is saddled with.

And you might be able to add newly purchased maps in a few months time......

Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a new model coming out soon anyway (the wonderful new MyTomTom things came out a year ago)? Then they'll be able to consign all these funny ideas to history and Alzheimers! Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:

TomTom search is only in use in a small number of countries so i presume this is in use where google search for business is poor or that TT hold no license for?

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
IanS100 wrote:

TomTom search is only in use in a small number of countries so i presume this is in use where google search for business is poor or that TT hold no license for?

And we are to believe that TomTom Search is better than Google? Sort of as good as TomTom Fuel Prices? Or maybe TomTom Safety Cameras?

They should stop playing about with this stuff and concentrate on making their PNDs work properly! Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

They should stop playing about with this stuff and concentrate on making their PNDs work properly! Evil or Very Mad

Dennis, your comment made me laugh.

I now have visions TomTom excutives and software engineers in a large playroom at TomTom HQ, that has a road map for a carpet - like one of those playmats marked out like a road for kids. Driving

They all have toy cars. lorries and vans to create traffic jams, then they squabble over who has best ideas at beating the jams, with lots of stamping of feet.

Meanwhile, a child MD - like the Triple Velvet Toilet Paper ad - rules over them and has the ideas noted and ready for implementation.

I think I need help! Confused
GO 920 Dead
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick_1959 wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Dennis, your comment made me laugh.

I now have visions TomTom excutives and software engineers in a large playroom at TomTom HQ, that has a road map for a carpet - like one of those playmats marked out like a road for kids. Driving

They all have toy cars. lorries and vans to create traffic jams, then they squabble over who has best ideas at beating the jams, with lots of stamping of feet.

Meanwhile, a child MD - like the Triple Velvet Toilet Paper ad - rules over them and has the ideas noted and ready for implementation.

I think I need help! Confused

You mean TomTom doesn't operate like that Shocked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: