Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cam Audible Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cam Audible Alerts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordorf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Speed Cam Audible Alerts Reply with quote

I have just purchased CoPilot Premium for my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3.3.

I have installed the PGPSW speed cams as per the instructions and the cams do show on the map, however I don't get any kind of audible alert when approaching a camera.

Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't know the Co-Pilot at all myself.

But looking back through some previous topics I found this one, which proves it's possible.
Unfortunately Darrens link to the blog only goes to their front page, so maybe Darren can remember which blog post it was, and whether it had any helpful instructions.

Do you have "warn when near POI" settings? (as suggested here).

Only teasers, I'm afraid! Hopefully someone who knows CoPilot will be along soon to give you a better answer.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoPilt Premium is the new one that's just been released. It's a complete rewrite of the software so the current instructions will likely need updating... Thing is it means someone needs to do some experimenting...!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's MaFt's idea of subtle..... Wink
majorimpact
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Cam Audible Alerts Reply with quote

Mordorf wrote:
I have just purchased CoPilot Premium for my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3.3.

I have installed the PGPSW speed cams as per the instructions and the cams do show on the map, however I don't get any kind of audible alert when approaching a camera.

don't think your doing anything wrong, i have the same issues although on a planned journey today warned me of all mobile cams on journey, however on return journey not one alert, even though on same route where i know the speedcams are located. all show on map though, very frustrating, i know from copilot forum they are looking to patch their software to allow custom poi imports but this is something that should work out of the box.
majorimpact
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Sorry, I don't know the Co-Pilot at all myself.

But looking back through some previous topics I found this one, which proves it's possible.
Unfortunately Darrens link to the blog only goes to their front page, so maybe Darren can remember which blog post it was, and whether it had any helpful instructions.

Do you have "warn when near POI" settings? (as suggested here).

Only teasers, I'm afraid! Hopefully someone who knows CoPilot will be along soon to give you a better answer.

new copilot does not have this facility, for some inexplicable reason they left this out
majorimpact
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Cam Audible Alerts Reply with quote

Mordorf wrote:

have used this version for awhile now, in my opinion very poor product, you only get warnings on a planned route, so if like me you use it daily for trips you know the route of but just want that added comfort of warnings it will not work. likewise the pocketworld gps database odes show but no warning, would suggest you run camalert alongside which is very good.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: