Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What a plonker I am.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What a plonker I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: What a plonker I am. Reply with quote

Popped out yesterday to have a look at the bird sanctuary near Cliffe. I already at it set on iGO8 using coordinates. Got there OK but on returning to the car I dropped my Mio. The back came off and the battery was dangling on the wires. Threw it in the doorpocket and found my way home.

This evening I set about putting it back together, fortunately the little screw which holds the back was still in place but a piece of plastic had broken off the back. Used a small cut piece from an ice cream tub and superglued it in place. Made a small hole for the screw and added some sellotape across the back and it looked OK.

Crossed fingers, switched on and it sprung to life. Oh yes!!!

OH NO!!! iGO wouldn't start. On checking I found the SD Card missing. It must have popped out when it hit the deck. Damn!!! I backed up the Card to my hard drive but that's useless as I can't use another card.

As I said 'What a plonker I am'.

Luckily I have my via LIVE 120, so all's well that ends well.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth another trip, quick?

I found my wallet in the gutter on the other side of the street a few months ago after losing it TWO days before!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failing that, you could provide all your details to NNG and see if they would send out a new card you could use? You took a back up of the data but it's not your fault they lock it to the card...

MaFt
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back this morning but couldn't see it. I then thought of checking the door pocket but no luck.

I'm not too bothered now as I have my TT and getting used to it, very nice as each update comes along. TT cameras disabled, PGPSW cams in place and all working well. The only problem I found was, I was getting a 'typed in' verbal warning of each specs cameras but not warned if over the average. I've set TT Specs to warn me and it it does 'nag' if over the top.

The one gone AWOL was iGO 8.0 but I also purchased v8.3 as the maps in v8.0 were getting old and when 8.3 appeared with newer maps I thought it was the only way to get the new maps. Not very long after I purchased it they bought out newer maps for 8.0. Shocked

I did a 'Clean Boot' on my Mio, installed 8.3 and Very Happy it's working. Thumbs Up Driving
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border_Collie wrote:
I did a 'Clean Boot' on my Mio, installed 8.3 and Very Happy it's working. Thumbs Up Driving
I bet your'e really pleased about that mate. Very Happy
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well happy. I still had the backup for 8.3 on my hard drive so have got everything back to how it was.

(Did you buy the device with Built-in 4GB/5.0 A5 Thin GPS/MP3 Player/CE6.0/128MB RAM off e-bay? If so have you tried iGO on it?),
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought. Lucky I never used the TT for that trip, I wonder how sturdy they are when dropped?

Mio Mio has had a wash under running water, when my wife splashed soap over it and it got inside, it was kill or cure but I cured it and now it's been dropped onto a hard surface from about 4 feet, came apart but still works.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Border_Collie wrote:
(Did you buy the device with Built-in 4GB/5.0 A5 Thin GPS/MP3 Player/CE6.0/128MB RAM off e-bay? If so have you tried iGO on it?),
Geez LP, this is confusing BC Very Happy No, not yet. Still thinking about it, but bought a Solid State Drive for my desktop, so I'll have to save a few more peddleys again Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: