Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile OS Wars: Apple v Android v Windows Phone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile OS Wars: Apple v Android v Windows Phone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only two weeks of experience, but it's worked fine every time I've used it.
iwoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've used several older technologies and was very reluctant to move to apple - but took the plunge and glad i did. with exchange server connections from work, everything is syncd over the air including tasks from outlook. hotmail exchange is great too with shared calendars. Looking forward to iphone 5 and NFC - just tap your phone and buy it!

Ian
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW Android already supports NFC. Smile
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile OS Wars: Symbian vs Android vs Blackberry et al Reply with quote

Mike Barrett wrote:
Up until last week there were 2 main players in the market but with the announcement of the Nokia-Microsoft strategic partnership suddenly Windows Phone 7 has become a new force to be reckoned with.

Oh that's a little harsh - the Smartphone world isn't all Symbian and Android - the fruit phone makers still have a sizeable market share (15% each - vs 30+% each for the other two. Wink

and he wrote:
Ultimately Apple will become numerically inferior in the market due to it's restrictive operational and sales policies.

Become numerically inferior Question

(You have heard of Symbian, haven't you? - the mobile O/S that's been around for at least 8 years, that I know of.)

The people reading this forum are probably an exception, but I reckon the average user is totally oblivious to the O/S (if any) that their phone is using. Factors such as, "how much does it cost?", "how pretty is it?" and "what does it do, straight out of the box?" probably rate much higher.

This is undoubtably how Symbian got where it is - people just acquired it, on relatively cheap handsets. Presumably, that is what Microsoft hope will happen with Windows Phone 7.

(Personally, I think Apple and Google should pool their efforts: Steve Jobs could continue to tell everyone what to do...and Google could continue to monitor what people actually do Wink )

(PS - I live in an Apple/Blackberry/Symbian/Android household!)
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am scratching my head a little as to why people are having difficulty syncing HTC Android phones to Outlook. I have had no problem with this on either my old Windows 32 bit XP laptop or my new one running 64 bit Windows 7. With both I just use HTCSync supplied by HTC, which I download from HTC's website. The latest version, which I use after I updated to Android 2.1, syncs contacts appointments and music just fine. However I must admit I do not use Outlook exchange so can't comment on that.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it both ways and the both work OK.

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: