Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Comes To Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Comes To Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burtonian wrote:
253 wrote:

I have even ditched Astro - which I used a lot.

Cheers, Bob

Try ESFileExplorer, I find it just as good - if not better - than Astro, and it can be moved to the sd card.

Many thanks for the tip, I'll be onto it shortly. ent against the grain to get rid of Astro, but likewise the thing couldn't be moved to SD.

Bob
AntonM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Bug? Reply with quote

AntonM wrote:
I'm still running the last beta -- do I need to uninstall it before installing the market version?

Further to the above, I found that trying to install the Market version without uninstalling the beta results in an unsuccessful install (tried it twice). After uninstalling the beta, the Market version installed without any problems,

With GPS off so that I could scroll about, I then had a look at Cape Town and surrounding area (see my queries about db for SA) and sure enough, it showed lots of cameras. So far, so good, but...

Upon zooming in for more detail, CamerAlert exited without warning. I tried it again, with the same result. I now find that CamerAlert exits without warning even when viewing my own local (Stafford) area and zooming in with GPS off -- not every time, but about every second time I open the app.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beta does have to be removed. It's not signed and so conflicts with the version from the Market.

Regarding the other issue, not seen that reported by others but as it's not intended to be used with GPS off it's not something I've tried.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug? Reply with quote

AntonM wrote:

Upon zooming in for more detail, CamerAlert exited without warning. I tried it again, with the same result. I now find that CamerAlert exits without warning even when viewing my own local (Stafford) area and zooming in with GPS off -- not every time, but about every second time I open the app.

Can you email the logs to lutz AT pocketgpsworld.com

They can be found at:

sdcard\Android\data\com.pocketgpsworld\cameralert\files

MaFt
AntonM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug? Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
AntonM wrote:

Can you email the logs to lutz AT pocketgpsworld.com

They can be found at:

sdcard\Android\data\com.pocketgpsworld\cameralert\files

MaFt

My SD card does not seem to have a folder called com.pocketgpsworld in \Android\data\
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Used CamerAlert for first time and .. Reply with quote

I have a few issues/questions.

1. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and CamerAlert is great on it except when I am exceeding the speed limit. The pop up large speed sign is quite fuzzy. I realise the Galaxy Tab is not a standard resolution but is it possible to improve this?

2. Drove to Canterbury today from NW London. On the return journey on joining the A13 after the Dartford Tunnel, it kept waring me for maybe 5 miles that I was exceeding the speed limt of 50 even though the road was derestricted. Was it just that the database was out of date here (although I had updated it) and that some roadworks had finished? There was not any sign of any.

3. Carrying on further in a 40mph zone I came to some traffic lights which were announced as Redlight 40 both audibly and on the red popup banner. Wasn't sure if that meant I was allowed to go through the redlight at 40mph! Was this a bug or was it trying to tell me of a redlight and that I was still in a 40 zone? I think the location shown on the red banner was 9672@284°.

TIA

norm
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Used CamerAlert for first time and .. Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
2. Drove to Canterbury today from NW London. On the return journey on joining the A13 after the Dartford Tunnel, it kept waring me for maybe 5 miles that I was exceeding the speed limt of 50 even though the road was derestricted. Was it just that the database was out of date here (although I had updated it) and that some roadworks had finished? There was not any sign of any.

Most often this is caused when the [END] SPECS camera in a zone isn't correctly marked.

If that happens, we would appreciate a report via the submissions page so we can take a look. You can cancel the warning by tapping it on the odd occasion where this may occur.
Quote:
3. Carrying on further in a 40mph zone I came to some traffic lights which were announced as Redlight 40 both audibly and on the red popup banner. Wasn't sure if that meant I was allowed to go through the redlight at 40mph! Was this a bug or was it trying to tell me of a redlight and that I was still in a 40 zone?

Not a bug at all. It's a dual-purpose Red-Light/Speed Camera with a 40mph limit.

Pass it on red and you'll get a ticket, pass it on Green at >40mph and you'll get a ticket.
dazzabird
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok fairly new to this BUT...

Downloaded s/w to my Sony X10 and drove to work this morning..all ok..

Paid £19.99 about an hour ago for subscription...

How long after paying can i download full database ?

darren
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now. And again tomorrow morning.

You can download the database any time and it will have the very latest data, updated at the time you download.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

You can download the database any time and it will have the very latest data, updated at the time you download.

Indeed. Watch the number behind the db version - that's the number of cameras on the server and on your device. Over the course of the week you'll see the numbers differ a little as maintenance is done on the server database.

You will want to use either WiFi or a "unlimited" (tm) data plan for frequent db downloads though.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Used CamerAlert for first time and .. Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:

1. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and CamerAlert is great on it except when I am exceeding the speed limit. The pop up large speed sign is quite fuzzy. I realise the Galaxy Tab is not a standard resolution but is it possible to improve this?

I've done some new graphics for this that will no doubt be added to the app at some point.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazzabird wrote:

darren

Access is immediate upon payment, you should see status 'subscribed' in the Manage Cameras page of the app.

Our records show a handset associated with your account and a valid subscription. There is also a download at 19:23hrs so that suggests all is working?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazzabird wrote:

darren

You should have instant access unless your payment went through as an eCheque which will take longer. If you go to the 'manage cameras' option in the menu it should show the expiry date as 12months from now? If not then can you open a support ticket and give us your PayPal transaction ID and we can look into it.

MaFt
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cheeky "feature request"

Thoughts... "We" are seen as a "dot" on the mapping.
Can that not be changed to an "Arrow" in the direction of travel (cosmetic I know, but would save any confusion!).
Also, is it not possible to incorporate a timed (or manual) "dusk til dawn" functionality, to dim the display during general hours of darkness (+/-), similar to that of Google Maps inbuilt timing.

Just a thought??

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Used CamerAlert for first time and .. Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
norm2002 wrote:

I've done some new graphics for this that will no doubt be added to the app at some point.

MaFt

MaFt,

Just as a point of interest, I would just like to add that the SLIGHT "fuzziness" (Ref Norm2002) is also present on the Desire HD. I thought it may have in fact been a "feature" of the graphic (slightly dreamy appearence), but obviously not, as you have acknowleged this.

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: