Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie to tt6 navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to tt6 navigator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately only had a short play and not had a further chance to play with today but it certainly knocks spots off TTN6 i.e. No comparison, It doesnt appear to have TTS as far as aware, compared with TTN7 it has Lane assist, Up to Date Mapping and GPS pickup on the Optimus is almost instant even Indoors, If your on TTN6 and for the price it costs for Uk & Irl Its a No Brainer. Perhaps anybody with more use of Sygic could answer better.
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You want the Windows Mobile version intended for use on Pocket PC based devices, you can download whats needed from Here - Mike

Hi guys, hope you can help,

i downloaded sygic mobile maps, windows version, from their own website, i am having problems getting it to work.
i put all the files on to the sd card and put the card into my device. Everything came up fine and i could select the voices change the date etc, etc. the next stage was to input the product code, so i could access the maps. This is where the problems began.
For some reason, after several attempts, it would not accept the code. so i switched the unit off and then back on again, now all that happens is nothing, when i touch navigation on the screen, nothing happens. i can access setup and select setupwinmobile and that is it.
i emailed sygic, and they said they have reset the code, so i tried again, still no joy. Now they are telling me that it will not run with wince 6. it only runs with windows mobile 6.1 and 6.5. is this correct ? it seemed to be working right up into i tried putting the code in.{ i think they are trying to fob me off ....}
it just says on their website, windows mobile, not which versions. The unit runs fine with igo8 and tom tom.
I have a chinese double din headunit running wince 6

will it work with my unit or should i ask for my money back ?

I am a newbie to in dash sat nav progs !

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being realistic only Sygic are in a position to answer whether their software can run on a system using CE6,0 I suggest you e-mail/ phone them for a way forward on this issue - Mike
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Being realistic only Sygic are in a position to answer whether their software can run on a system using CE6,0 I suggest you e-mail/ phone them for a way forward on this issue - Mike

i have emailed them, but i think they are trying to fob me off. i cannot understand how everything was working fine, until i tried entering the code, if it does not work with wince 6, how was i able to access all menus and change things ???.
I am going to ask them for my money back, as it does not state clearly on their website what devices work with differant versions of windows mobile.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem odd answer from Sygic, Cannot help with your specific problem because my version is Android hence no winmobile setup, But sygic do show my Asus a696 as compatible which is Windows Mobile 6 Classic,
CE OS 5.2, But as Mike says only Sygic can justify thier comments.
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
Does seem odd answer from Sygic, Cannot help with your specific problem because my version is Android hence no winmobile setup, But sygic do show my Asus a696 as compatible which is Windows Mobile 6 Classic,
CE OS 5.2, But as Mike says only Sygic can justify thier comments.

as i dont know what software runs with certain devices, thought i would ask on here first before going back to sygic and looking like a complete idiot...
i still dont understand how everything was working fine until i entered the code, and to be honest i dont think sygic know either... i think that is why they are being very vague and evasive...
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably only way is to pick a few from the compatibles shown and google them for specs, perhaps a bit long winded unless you hit on first couple or any body else can come up with any win6 units thats running sygic MM10, might also help checking the sygic section postings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: