Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed to test our CamerAlert application on Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed to test our CamerAlert application on Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@peterc10: Playing the sound is not actually a problem. it works fine over A2DP. The request is to play the sound via the phone speaker DESPITE being connected to an A2DP sink.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
@peterc10: Playing the sound is not actually a problem. it works fine over A2DP. The request is to play the sound via the phone speaker DESPITE being connected to an A2DP sink.

Yep I understood that.

As I said the only way you are going to do it for the majority of car kits is to get the phone to use handsfree profile for the sound rather than A2DP. Many car kits do not even have A2DP (especially those built in). Even those that do rarely use it as an interrupt, instead expecting you to use it as an auxiliary input to play music all the time. And the OP said he does not want to do that

I spent a considerable amount of time unsuccessfully trying to make the sat nav sounds interrupt the car audio with android and and my previous Parrot kit (with no A2DP). Previously with my WM phone I had found a little app(BT Music) that forced the sound to use handsfree profile. I could not find one for Android (although there may be one now on the market)

My TH Bury Kit (which was in the car when I bought it) is one of the few I know that allows A2DP profile to interrupt as well as handsfree.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if this helps but the Parrot 6100 does interupt the radio when a sat nav / Camera alert is played.

However because of the delay in the handsfree interupting the car radio you miss the firtst word. In theroy if sat nav/ Camera Alert had a option of a short delay before any audio was announced this would resolve it.

Wayne

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already play a delay sound when we see that the phone is connected to a A2DP speaker. However we can't possibly test it with all of the A2DP devices on the market - some may need longer delays than others. Maybe a flexible delay setting is the answer?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been testing over the holiday period and taking into account the initial bugs that have been fixed the software is very good and look forward to when the proper release is done

Any dates yet chaps ?

It runs perfectly on my HTC Desire (2.2) with either Google Navigator or NDRIVE (Western Europe version)

I have linked it to my account for updates etc...

I tried to install on my works HTC HERO but I see now you can only link one device to one account.

Someone earlier posted that they have a problem with battery discharge even when plugged into a charger, with all the various apps running.
I had the same until I bought a genuine HTC charger which has the ability to charge at a higher rate. I think the cable has a short put across the data pins or something to tell the device about the charger but could be totally wrong about that....

Anyway, excellent prog, can't wait for full release. Please can we have some more basic icons though for use on the map.

GOOD WORK.....

Phil-w
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A delay would make it more flexible

Wayne

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianh5 wrote:
No system sounds from the handset when connected to in car OEM BT hands free. I don't want to use BT audio on the entertainment system to listen to alerts because I want to listen to radio etc. EZ Cam enabled some basic system sounds for alerts on the hand set while connected to BT HF. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S. Is this a program fault or is there a system setting somewhere?

After some more digging this indeed seems to be a system setting.

Can you try the method mentioned here?

http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/browse_thread/thread/263c8ab93085ee4d

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I re-download the single access version of the database? I had downloaded the Android app on 25th Dec, but had to factory reset my handset 2 days later. Now I cannot re-download the database as my phone is already linked to my username!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
rpjw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed on HTC desire 2.2

I have experienced force stop on exit and the GPS icon remaining after exiting the same as others.

The 'Use night colours' setting doesn't make any difference. If the app is running in the foreground at night it is very bright.

Google navigation automatically changes the colour scheme for night time driving by inverting the colours l think, can the app be made to do the same?

Otherwise an excellent app!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpjw wrote:
The 'Use night colours' setting doesn't make any difference. If the app is running in the foreground at night it is very bright.

this setting was basically added as a place holder in the version you have as it exists in the iPhone version. as you rightly say, it doesn't actually do anything! the best way to get a darker map screen (as we are unable to edit map colours both on android and iphone) is to set the map type as 'Satellite' (which is the android equivalent of the normal google maps 'Hybrid' mode) and this is generally not as bright.

MaFt
richard_ha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choppa-Parry wrote:
On my HTC Desire I noticed that when the app turns off GPS on exit, it leaves the icon in the task bar as GPS is still active although GPS has actually been turned off.

Same here.

macpherson3 wrote:

Speed limit warning needs to fill the screen when activated rather than the small display at the top right of the screen.

Agreed

macpherson3 wrote:

Distance to speed camera should be in distance not time.

Disagree. I don't want 1/2 mile warning about a speed camera in a 30mph limit!

exportman wrote:
the HUD mirror flip did not work

Same

MaFt wrote:
revel wrote:
Works perfectly on an htc hero running Villainrom 12.
No problems at all whatsoever.

you should try FroydVillain - much slicker :D

Darn it, I only just put Villainrom on!

A couple of other points.

I don't know if it's just me or if the spped that's getting displayed doesn't seem to be as steady/fast to update as the one displayed in Radardroid?

Also the warn when over speed warning is not as good at that in Radardroid (i want the siren going off constantly if I'm over the speed, rather than pausing after each play).

Other that that it seems to be working very well on my phone, can't wait for the release version.
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you "quit" the program with the back button, regular Android behaviour, it force closes.

Has anyone any feedback on how it works while using the phone on BT SAP yet? I regularly use my phone this way with my CL500 and EZcam works fine, with the alert sounds coming out of the phone.

Currently my CL500 is in for repairs so I have now way of testing this function. Has anyone else?

P.S Still waiting for support to delink my iPhony and link my Galaxy S to my account.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not using SAP. We only support A2DP but even that you can enable/disable individually on the Android phone.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
We're not using SAP. We only support A2DP but even that you can enable/disable individually on the Android phone.
I wouldn't expect support for SAP, which is limited as the phone hands over permission for GSM calls to the Bluetooth device. The case of submission in CamerAlert wouldnt work as the app would find no carrier signal unless it would accept wifi only. I guess other phone functions should work and so sounds should be heard through the phone. My phone, when in my CL500, sits in a cradle that outputs video and audio from the phone to the COMAND system.
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: BUG Report Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
AMWebby wrote:
Have sent a message to support as outlined to shift my account from my defunct iphone to my Android but no reply as yet.

Now that EZCam has PocketGPSWorld download support, which works seamlessly, I'm anxious to test this in CamerAlet,

On the second line of the about screen there is a "bunch of numbers" this is a unique id. If you copy and send that to support @ pocketgpsworld dot com we can effect the swap over.

Partially resolved the issue with support but now they have referred me back to you. They have successfully linked my Android phone with my account but the app is reporting that I don't have a subscription, which I do, due for renewal on 16/01/2011

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: