Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed to test our CamerAlert application on Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed to test our CamerAlert application on Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick789uk wrote:
hope this helps.
If you still have them, can you send the logs to lutz please?

see here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=85575

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
nick789uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I will look and if they are still there will send them but how do i send them sorry new at this thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick789uk wrote:
Hi I will look and if they are still there will send them but how do i send them sorry new at this thanks.

do you have any file browsers? if not then download the free ASTRO File Manager from the market. once installed, open it and go to sdcard \ Android \ data \ com.pocketgpsworld.cameralert \ files

press and hold the file and choose 'send' from the options. this will attach it to an email. Do this for all of the files.

MaFt
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick789uk wrote:

The way I do it is to connect the phone to my computer and mount it as a disk drive. This way I can copy the files off the SD card onto my PC. Once here I checked to see which were effectively duplicates and only sent in one of these (all the logs I had were duplicates so I only needed to email one in).

Vince
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Will need an answer from a Staff Member please.

TheQuest wrote:
Page 4: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am

Now it has me thinking of getting a HTC Desire HD, mainly because of the power of the HD, also sound on the Blade is so bad.

I now have the HTC Desire HD, spent two day RTM and setting it up and reInstalling my apps back from the Android Market, [the paid for ones, the donated ones do not show up for reInstall, had to donate again Neutral]

Also the nDrive [paid for] was not there for some reason Confused.

So I have after reading here about CoPilot Live 8 [also because it has a help forum here at PGPSW] decided to buy it from the Market to replace the nDrive. [will road test it tomorrow]

The Question to the Staff is may [can] I use the Cameralert-beta.apk on the my new HTC Desire HD?

I have Uninstalled [all my apps] it from my old device [not that old Smile] ZTE Blade [OSF] so it is not in use on it any more.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can me.

Take Care
TheQuest Cool
ianh5
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No system sounds from the handset when connected to in car OEM BT hands free. I don't want to use BT audio on the entertainment system to listen to alerts because I want to listen to radio etc. EZ Cam enabled some basic system sounds for alerts on the hand set while connected to BT HF. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S. Is this a program fault or is there a system setting somewhere?
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert for Android Reply with quote

Just back from a trip to the family in the North.
Used Google navigation (not bad for free) and ran CamerAlert in the background.
Worked really well, but not easy to tell on the way back because of the thick fog!

I did find that the (generic) in-car charger I was using was not up to the job of keeping the phone charged with both of these apps running (and a pile of other apps which I hand't closed). Off to the 'Bay to find one with a bit more clout.

I originally found that the GPS icon disappeared when I closed the CamerAlert app, but my device has now fallen in line with everyone elses and still shows the icon after closing. It now also crashes when closing but I am aware that this has been addressed previously.

I like the over-speed nag, but would like the option of silencing it if the camera is not on my route. The M42 in particular seems prone to this. I know I could limit the "cone" but would then possibly miss the warnings of cameras just round a bend in the road.

As my next long trip is likely to be in France, I would be interested in details of how to get the European database added, but I know this will probably have to wait until after release to the Market.

Having tried the combination of Google Navigation and CamerAlert, I am tempted to retire my Navigon system which has served me well. The HTC car kit does not look overly expensive.

Many thanks for the opportunity to try this app. It really does seem to to be very well designed.

Happy New Year.
artesea
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only had one play on the way back from London to Lincoln. Problem I had was the audio was too low (does it use Media volume?) and I had set off before I noticed.

My main plan is to use it in conjunction with Google Navigation, so I've set it to never display, however I've just seen this on AppBrain as was wondering if you could pull off the same thing with a camera icon and some basic information
http://www.appbrain.com/app/tune-pop/com.happyvampire.android.TunePop

Hope to try the software again, only my route to and from work has no cameras :D

ps, also have the Camera icons stuck at the top.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for Android Reply with quote

alistairm1 wrote:
As my next long trip is likely to be in France, I would be interested in details of how to get the European database added, but I know this will probably have to wait until after release to the Market.

it downloads the entire database.

MaFt
s1mmo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Camera Alert Reply with quote

Using the App on a HTC Desire running 2.2, so far only had one force close. One question would it be possible to have the option of launching the app automatically with Google Navigation?

Great work

Gary

Last edited by s1mmo on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
acefreecell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up to my earlier post:

I have played with some of the settings and found what tends to crash the app in my case - logs submitted.

Have tried it on the road and seems ok with maps and GPS lock on - no crash for a couple of days. Seems to work very well but I do need to try it on a long run when the car holder arrives (Monkey is doing a sterling job till then).

I have noticed that the icon is in the top corner when all navigation is closed, but opening the app and selecting close soon sees it put to bed.

I would be interested to know how much the app is going to cost and if it is included with my current subscription?

Great work guys.

Happy New Year to All

Motorola Defy with CamerAlert, NDrive 11, Co-Pilot Live and Google Maps

formally Garmin i3, Nuvi 200 and Origin BlueI
(Origin for sale)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheQuest wrote:
The Question to the Staff is may [can] I use the Cameralert-beta.apk on the my new HTC Desire HD?

I have Uninstalled [all my apps] it from my old device [not that old Smile] ZTE Blade [OSF] so it is not in use on it any more.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can me.

Take Care
TheQuest Cool

You would need to check with MikeB about transferring the registration to the new device. Not sure if we can yet for Android.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acefreecell wrote:
I would be interested to know how much the app is going to cost and if it is included with my current subscription?

the iPhone app is 59p so I would presume a similar price although there are no firm/official decisions yet.

MaFt
acefreecell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers MaFt, did you draw the short straw?

Motorola Defy with CamerAlert, NDrive 11, Co-Pilot Live and Google Maps

formally Garmin i3, Nuvi 200 and Origin BlueI
(Origin for sale)
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt

Many thanks for you rely.

Have sent you a PM.

Take Care
TheQuest Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: