Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mapsetting.cfg file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mapsetting.cfg file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bioniccarrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: mapsetting.cfg file Reply with quote

can anyone tell me where to find the updated mapsetting.cfg file.
I have read the documetation and cannot find a link to the file, It does say that ( I will replace the paragraph with a link to the correct mapsettings.cfg file directly). Sorry to be a pain but i feel like i am playing hunt the thimble. That should give you a clue to my age.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the page that contains the instructions on how to get the speed cameras on the TomTom iPhone app is a download zip file link, click this and it will contain a full set of ready to use sound files, icons and the necessary mapsettings.cfg file - Mike
Bioniccarrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: mapsettings.cfg Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for your help will go back to the begining, in the 3rd column it shows a mapsettings. cfg file without stating for the obvious answer where should i put it
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean where to put the file with respect to this screen shot:

If so its still in the TomTom folder but goes under Documents/ [MAP NAME] you should be able to see the location from the three views shown above in DiskAid when read left to right. Note if you have Europe rather than UK&ROI then some of the folder names will reflect this difference, but the same files work with either version - Mike
Bioniccarrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: mapsettings.cfg file Reply with quote

Hi Mike, i have gone through the downloaded zip file and i cannot see any config files. I have tried following the instruction, i have got to renaming files and transferring to device, next is download the elusive mapsettings.cfg etc and can go no further. Could it be this was never designed for ludites
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mapsettings.cfg is certainly in the download, perhaps your computer isn't set to display file extensions in which case the file would be named mapsettings.

Either way I have sent you a set of files including the mapsettings.cfg file via e-mail which you should have by the time you are reading this? - Mike
Bioniccarrot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Mapsettings.cfg Reply with quote

Hi Mike , got the files with the mapsettings.cfg, thanks for that, i can only assume as i have transferred files to device somewhere on my iphone i should find these alerts. If I buy the pocket gps app will it make life easier

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: