Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tt iphone 1.5 app and custom pois gone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tt iphone 1.5 app and custom pois gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: tt iphone 1.5 app and custom pois gone Reply with quote

Hi

I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs and had been using a custom poi file (an alternative to favourites as described on these forums) with tt iphone app 1.4.1. But after updating to 1.5 today, and putting the ov2 custom poi file in the uk & roi map folder, I could not locate this custom poi file named Fav in Change Settings...Map..POI Types.

I also did Navigate to...Point of Interest...POI near me, along the route, near destination... and then hitting Search and More but no luck.

In desperation, I deleted 1.5 and put back 1.4.1, putting in the map folder the same custom poi file which was working allright until this morning. But still that particular file is not showing in POI Types or elsewhere when I hit tomtom on my iphone. When I browse the iphone system files, the custom poi file IS in the map folder.

Am I doing something wrong or updating to 1.5 has robbed me of some settings? How can I get back the custom poi file. Any help will be appreciated.

ratom
kevjey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tired putting a new poi.ov2 file in the map folder which hasnt been on you iphone and see if that appears in settings, then at least you know if you file has been altered in some way

when I upgrade to 1.5 I replace my POI's from a backup on my PC, with no problem.

Edit:

Is the map folder where you put the POI file in the Documents folder or United Kingdom .app folder as they both have a United Kingdom Map folder, it should be in the United Kingdom .app/United Kingdom map folder.

Kev...
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: poi file not working in tt iphone app 1.5 Reply with quote

Hi Kev

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone back to 1.4.1 where finally the poi file has started working again.

I had done the poi file anew but it does not work with app 1.5, for me at least.

And yes, it is in the correct folder, as you pointed out.

best

ratom
lyskamm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom POI are still perfectly working on version 1.5 (including .ogg warnings).
What is gone is the possibility to see the icon on the map. The standard bitmaps are not recognised anymore Sad
All you see the standard red box (as if the bitmap is missing).

I believe that is an "unofficial" bug (since custom POI are not officially supported Very Happy) related to the retina display compatibility added in this release.
[/b]
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icons look to be too large to be displayed within the white border of the POI icon on the map, try reducing them to 18x18 instead of the usual 22x22 and see if that helps.
Not tried this myself as yet but have checked a screen grab and there is a two pixel overlap outside the white border, reducing it to fit might help, note the image that flashes up top left is 48x48 which is three times 18x18, this product is performed in software.

What's all this about Warnings in the top left corner?

also works with the OGG Vorbis files for spoken alerts without Jail Breaking the iPhone Wink We just need to sort the bmp for the icons out and the TomTom app for iPhone will be rather more grown up than yesterday! - Mike
lyskamm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately even trying with different sizes ((from 16x16 to 70x70) and colour depths, the icons are still not shown: all you get is the red box as if the icon is missing.
Even in the POI selection screen the icons are shown as a Tomtom logo, confirming that they are not recognised.
lyskamm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the solution: it was sooo simple Stop it!

Simply rename the extension of the bitmap file to .png, i.e. from myicon.bmp to myicon.png.
No conversion needed.

Everything works now as before Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: