Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ogg voice files for Tom Tom Mobile 6.0 (PDA)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ogg voice files for Tom Tom Mobile 6.0 (PDA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: ogg voice files for Tom Tom Mobile 6.0 (PDA) Reply with quote

I've got Tom Tom Mobile 6.0, is it possible to use the Voice ogg files for POI?

I've tried the ogg files, converted to wav, and still cannot select it from the menu, am I wasting my time, or just have it in the wrong directory!

any help before drive tomorrow would be good! Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, What hardware are you using the TomTom Nav 6 software on, if its the Mini-S or some other platform that uses the PDA version of the software then it will support the OGG files and you don't need to mess around converting the files to wav, in fact doing this will render the audio files useless!
If you are trying to use the OGG files on a Symbian mobile platform then forget it as it won't work.

Assuming you are running the PDA version of the software simply copy the ogg files to your map folder and configure the Warn When Near POI option for each speed camera category, use route demo to prove the warnings are working - Mike
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy, What hardware are you using the TomTom Nav 6 software on, if its the Mini-S or some other platform that uses the PDA version of the software then it will support the OGG files and you don't need to mess around converting the files to wav, in fact doing this will render the audio files useless!
If you are trying to use the OGG files on a Symbian mobile platform then forget it as it won't work.

Assuming you are running the PDA version of the software simply copy the ogg files to your map folder and configure the Warn When Near POI option for each speed camera category, use route demo to prove the warnings are working - Mike

Hi Mike, yes it's still the Mini-S, the only reason I keep it!

I've copied the ogg files to the map location, the same location as the bmp and ov2, but the sounds don't appear in the list, for each speed camera category, when I select Warn When Near POI.

Another forum, suggested that Tom Tom Mobile doesn't support this featrure?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sounds don't appear in the list, but as long as they have the exact same file name as the coresponding POI file the software will pick them up and use them, OGG file support has worked with the PDA based software from version 5,0 onwards and I know it works with version 6,x as I used to use it on my HTC Artemis - Mike
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The sounds don't appear in the list, but as long as they have the exact same file name as the coresponding POI file the software will pick them up and use them, OGG file support has worked with the PDA based software from version 5,0 onwards and I know it works with version 6,x as I used to use it on my HTC Artemis - Mike

deteremined to get this to work, before you posted, I had a look at it again. This time transferring the files via Activesync, and not beaming/bluetooth transfer from a PC!

and yes you are correct (or course you are), there is no selection of the sound.....good good good.

Must be something to do with bluetooth transfer mushing the file!

Coming over your way tomorrow (S'port!) from Deepest Darkest North Yorkshire! Hoping weather is good-ish!

How do you do demo route?

(sorry having blond moment!)

(just goes to show, don't believe what you read in other forums!)

Last edited by einstein-a-go-go on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtoB or Advanced planning, set a departure point and desination then run the route demo and it will work in the same way as if you were in the car driving with both the Nav voice and speed camera warnings working.

Leave yourself a little extra time as its dumped another inch or two of snow around South Blackpool tonight (and its still snowing so it could get worse) I would expect Southport to be in a similar mess in the morning - Mike
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
AtoB or Advanced planning, set a departure point and desination then run the route demo and it will work in the same way as if you were in the car driving with both the Nav voice and speed camera warnings working.

Leave yourself a little extra time as its dumped another inch or two of snow around South Blackpool tonight (and its still snowing so it could get worse) I would expect Southport to be in a similar mess in the morning - Mike

Mike, Sorry having a blonde moment!

thanks for the weather warning!
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

This is a weird one, been on my trip to S'port and back, and the only new voice that worked was the 50mph Average Speed Camera voice, all the others just used the Polite 3, I'd previously set?

Do you think it's worth removing all the alerts and trying again!
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, let me further investigate this!!!! I think I may know the issue here!
einstein-a-go-go
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: SOLVED! Reply with quote

Firstly, the pmobile *.ogg are missing, easily solved by copying and renaming.

It would appear if you've already set warning sounds, you need to remove the warning and re-add, it's probably already written the parameters to the registry for the old sound file.

The case is Solved!

Mike, thanks for your help.
Scorpio53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Voice Alerts & Camera Icons for TTN6on Dell Axim X51V PD Reply with quote

Hi
I've just started a subscription to Pocket GPS World camera database and have downloaded the TomTom OSV2 databases for UK & Europe.
Can anyone point me to the correct location to get the voice alerts & camera icons to go with the databases please.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, click Here for the voice warning files that complement the Speed Camera Database - Mike
Scorpio53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Welcome to the forum, click Here for the voice warning files that complement the Speed Camera Database - Mike

Thanks Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the "alternative" icons by Gerry C. aren't sent out with the database by default (I can't remember if they are by now) then you can get them from here

or my earlier versions are a direct dowload from here:
ZIP Archive of full set

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: