Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Music fades but does not resume volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Music fades but does not resume volume
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i and everyone else here is after is an app that works as intended, even acknowledgement that a problem exists and you are working on it would be a start
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martmitch wrote:
all i and everyone else here is after is an app that works as intended, even acknowledgement that a problem exists and you are working on it would be a start

Yes, there is a problem. This problem is resolved by installing the latest operating system for your phone...

The fading problem DID exist in 1.1 when using 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. The fading problem exists in 1.2 when using 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.

It does not exist in either 1.1 or 1.2 when running 4.0 or 4.1

Can I perhaps go out on a limb and ask why you don't just install iOS 4.1?

MaFt
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I haven't upgraded to 4.1 because in my opinion upgrading to 4+ was a big mistake on a 3GS, since doing so the phone has lost the totally fluid instant interface and speed which attracted me to an iphone in the first place and I really regret blindly upgrading to the latest OS without letting a few guinea pigs through first to test the waters.

Not being able to downgrade the OS back to 3.x.x I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, I am following a few very long threads on the apple support forums about how 4.1 has not done anything to fix these issues on the 3GS, 4.1 has improved performance on the 3G yes but they did nothing to sort the problems for 3GS users. I read rumours on those same forums that apple have fixed it in the forthcoming 4.2 release, of which is due to come out end of november, therefore not very long to wait.

You've told me i'm wrong now twice about the fading issue but failed to mention the re-docking problem on both occasions, is there any acknowledgement of this problem from you guys? after all this is the gripe I have thats really making the app quite dangerous to use whilst driving
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's fair enough re 4.1. Although I've seen a number of successful reports of users rolling back to OS 3 - depends how much you would miss the folders and multitasking!

re the dock, unfortunately i don't have a dock myself so I can't test this out. however, a number of the beta testers do and it wasn't something that was brought up during testing.

MaFt
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing here about LastFM - our program does currently only support the control of the iPod player. Third party players are not controllable with the public programming interface (as far as I know - I'll be happy to be proven wrong) . Do you have an example of another program that handles these audio controls better?

I'll look into the reported docking issue.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MaFt"]
martmitch wrote:
Can I perhaps go out on a limb and ask why you don't just install iOS 4.1?

MaFt

Try this:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/ios-4.1-causing-in-car-usb-playback-problems/

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: