Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom CTO - GO 1000 Will Support Custom POIs Next Year
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom CTO - GO 1000 Will Support Custom POIs Next Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived while I was away and I have got the return label printed and DHL collecting F.O.C. tomorrow. I haven't even broken the seal on the box.

By the way, Amazon have already dropped the price to £228.99 from £249.99 and that's just a week after release. What does that say?

Last edited by topref on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, in addition to including the returns authorisation, I have printed the Tom Tom page where it declares that many services are not currently available.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, topref that's what I call truly putting your mouth where your money is!! Not Worthy

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
topref
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without wishing to prolong MY experience any further on this thread, I must add that it was delivered by Royal Mail who left it with a neighbour but no card was left in my letter box as to where it was.

Astonishingly, the neighbour was not asked for a signature. A bit dodgy for a parcel containing an item value at £250!!!! Mind you, that's the value put on it but what figure is it actually worth?
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjdj1689 wrote:
we know that Tom Tom are aware of the problems with this device , but they still releaseed it ? why ?

Revenue stream for most important sales period - Christmas
amiga007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: TomTom POI - own & Third party Reply with quote

Even with their own POI Tomtom has always been HORRIBLE :-(

Just an exemple: you arrive in an unknow city and would like to park around destination... well take you time and patience and also a pen and paper.o .. coz there is not ONE 'parking' POI category but THREE!!! Open air, closed, paid... What a Censored I don't care at all if the parking is closed or open, I just want to have the nearest possible without having to explore 3 POI categories, handwritting best results to compare before going back to the best category.

There is NO POI editor, even for their own POIs (so you can't merge the 3 parkinb categories for ex.).

You can't add you own POIs in the categories from Tomtom, if for ex. you add some restaurants you will need to create another 'restaurant' category and you'll have to search in BOTH TomTom and your's ... real nightmare

You can't merge 3rd party POI's with any Tomtom software (need first to edit all in another format before importing).

New LIVE services relies (of course) on a permanet date GSM connection, so be prepared to pay extra every month (not mentioned in their ads of course) - and status when travelling abroad is unclear (roaming charges? service not fonctionning in many countries?). As I live in Belgium this is of a particular concern as 40 to 80 min. drive leads you to Holland, Luxembourg, France, Germany...

Another very feature (for Belgium) is the way they put almost all streets from Brussels and around in flemish even if you select French as language. Prononciation of names in a language different than the elected language sounds usually *very* weird.

Their interface is fine, lot of nice feature but I won't buy again. I'm better with IGO8 on Iphone (jailbreaked of course).
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More reviews about poi s etc, its not looking good and most places say they will have stock in Oct 15th

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003Z6P0AG/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
hollis_f
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Last straw Reply with quote

I was so looking forward to replacing my ageing 530 with a nice, new 1000 . Looks like I'll be looking at another manufacturer. I've been a customer of tomtom, and Palmtop before that, for over 15 years. They've finally managed to persuade me to move elsewhere.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT recently produced a timetable for when they hope to implement some of the missing features.

If you can wait a few weeks, they did say that 3rd-party Points of Interest will be enabled by the end of January 2011....
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topref wrote:
Without wishing to prolong MY experience any further on this thread, I must add that it was delivered by Royal Mail who left it with a neighbour but no card was left in my letter box as to where it was.

Astonishingly, the neighbour was not asked for a signature. A bit dodgy for a parcel containing an item value at £250!!!! Mind you, that's the value put on it but what figure is it actually worth?

never mind ,once they had opened it and tried it out and realised how rubbish it was ,you soon would have received it back Very Happy

I wait with batted breath (misspelled intentionally) for the poi function + all others to be ready as time is running out for my 9 month old 950 traffic subscription
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks ago I bought the TT Go 1005....... BIG, BIG mistake. IMO Basically its not ready for public release, its only half baked.
The unit has just been changed for a new replacement, out of the box the icon was roughly 4 seconds behind actual road position, it ran very slow and sluggish. when I connected the lighter/USB cable and turned on the ignition the unit immediately crashed as it also did when I turned the ignition off, this happened in 2 vehicles. The only way to get it to come back on was to do a full reset.
There are no camera updated at the present moment, no map updates at the present moment, the map info tells me it is 7 months old, TT confirmed this and told me "possibly" this February new updates "should" be available. No third party POI, (but I did know this before I bought it). No quick GPS updates at the present moment, No map share at the present moment.... so basically not a lot at the present moment !!!
As for TomTom's tec support, If i was the CEO I would sack them all and start a fresh except for the one that eventually did get the unit exchanged. It took 7 emails, 5 of which got completely ignored, to get an exchange unit, thankfully this one is very quick but Im not able to connect this one to the same laptop as the first unit as it informs me it is "faulty unit, return it to TomTom" Connect it to my wife's laptop and it is perfectly fine.

I think the 1005 was rushed out and should have been developed far more before going on sale.

On a more positive note, the magnetic mount / screen sucker is great, the speed is good and the larger screen is good

Dave
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't already done so, try clearing the cache in the settings of the MyTomTom app on your laptop - it should recognise the unit as okay then
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
If you haven't already done so, try clearing the cache in the settings of the MyTomTom app on your laptop - it should recognise the unit as okay then

Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and it seems that it is OK now Smile
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: