Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Order Timescales
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Order Timescales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Order Timescales Reply with quote

I have read many posts about poor service and delayed delivery dates, so I thought as I am placing an order we could track it all together - for better or worse - all sounds a bit like the 'Waltons' but lets see how it goes.

Monday 19th

11am - decided to stop wasting my life comparing 1 million different peoples views on each and every piece of kit that is available and decided to buy the TT3 bluetooth, Seidio GPS2500 (& hardwire)

11.30 Made several attempts to call Global Positioning Systems all to no avail, so managed to get through to Total PDA (had to wait a bit - Scottish bank holiday and all that)

12 noon Order placed with Steven -(helpful guy) priced at £238.53 (beware of Credit Charge Surplus charge) read through the order - just as well as they had the wired version and not the bluetooth version noted - and promised delivery either Tuesday or Wednesday

Will keep you all posted Thumbs Up
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Tuesday or Wednesday delivery - well not quite Sad you know what the anticipation is like - so I rang today (Wednesday lunchtime) to check on the order - only to be told that it would deffinately be Thursday now, so lets see how it goes.
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Total PDA Reply with quote

So I ring on Thursday 4.30pm (bearing in mind Total PDA have not rang me once) to see why noboddy has delivered my kit Evil or Very Mad

I'm told that the order has not been sent, but will be with me Friday (sounds familiar).

Then I speak to the guy who took my order and he is now telling me that they don't have the Seidio mount in stock and it will be the back end of next week before I get delivery Sad

After some wrangling and the deduction of the P&P I agree to have the TomTom car mount (on the previso that should it not be suitable I will return it for the Seidio) and accept that delivery will be Monday - which is when I needed it for.

The leason so far...order well in advance.

Tune in for the next exciting episode on Monday when I will let you know what is delivered and if it is all there and working - stay tuned Thumbs Up
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Total PDA Reply with quote

So here we are all fresh from the weekend.

Monday 26th 11.30am

:x Just thought I would call Total PDA to check that my order will be delivered today as promised and guess what............

"Your order has been arranged for despatch today and delivery on Tuesday" 8O

So if it has not been delivered complete and intact on Tuesday then I will need to ask some serious questions of Total PDA, such as why do they claim to be ..

The UKs no.1 - when they can't get my simple order to me on time

Expert Advice & Information - the information I have been given to date just seems to keep promising delivery in a "few days time"

Price Match Promise - I don't care about saving a couple of quid if it means that I never get to see my order !

Largest UK Stock Holding - please be real - TT3 and a car kit is all I am asking for ! it's not like I am updating NASA here

Check back for an update on Tuesday.

By the way I ordered the new grips for my Ipaq 2210 from HP on Friday - delivered this morning (Monday) by UPS with a couple of other extras ! Thumbs Up talk about exceeding customer expectations - to date Total PDA have not even meet my expectations, let alone exceeded them

Crying or Very sad
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Tuesday - when I checked with Total PDA I am told the same old rubbish - it will be despatched today "even if I have to take it to the post office myself".

Then I get a message on left on my mobile the gist of which was 'really sorry don't know how it has happend but we don't have the stock to fulfil your order - quite understand if you want to cancel - really sorry' when I heard this I was fuming Evil or Very Mad

Then the next message is from the same guy at Total PDA, 30 mins later saying - 'sorry- we do have your items and they will be with you on Wednesday'

It did arrive with the car kit box a bit squashed, but after the wait of 11 days I am too mentally drawn to worry about it.

So far the system seems to work well (although I have just printed off the receiver manual to see why I get intermitment red lights) - apart from that alls well that ends well.

The morale of the story is :~

1) to place your order early
2) get them to swear on their mothers life that the items are in stock
3) keep chasing them

Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: