Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CameraAlert v1.2 submitted to Apple
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CameraAlert v1.2 submitted to Apple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on an admittedly short drive to work this morning I didn't experience any problems and everything worked fine. I had TomTom running in the background on an iPhone 4. Very Happy
bridgepa
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Audio Fades Reply with quote

Quote:
the audio not fading back in is a bug in the firmware, i believe, and not our app. if you update your iphone to 4.1 (i.e. the latest, most up to date software for your phone) then you will find the audio issue is resolved (even though you will be using the same app).

Ok I'll look at upgrading, to see if it helps. What about the difference between the pause adn fade as it appears to be exactly the same i.e. just fade and not pause?

Last question for the fade and pause should it only pause/fade whilst the alert/all clear sound is played and return immediatly after? i.e. it doesn't remain faded if there are futher cameras displayed but not actually audio alerting at the time.
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
the tomtom loss of signal effects me, however it does it whether or not cameralert is running. loads of people have reported the 'loss of gps signal' bug with tomtom, and as darren states this is one of the fixes in the upcoming 1.5 from tomtom.

I have experienced the gps drop in places using just the tomtom app, however not on my journey to work. Using the tomtom app and camera alert this morning I only managed to get a signal for about 10% of my journey so it was clear something wasn't right.

I'm going to use the camera status that Matt recommends along side the camera app this evening.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Audio Fades Reply with quote

bridgepa wrote:
What about the difference between the pause adn fade as it appears to be exactly the same i.e. just fade and not pause?

i've never experienced that. pause pauses and fade fades but keeps playing in the background during the alert. can you try turning up the volume of the iphone/stereo as it may just be that the fade lowers the volume and you simply can't hear it in the background? if the audio source is quiet anyway (i find some itunes purchases are quieter than tracks ripped from cd). also the bbc podcasts tend to be quite quiet too.

bridgepa wrote:
Last question for the fade and pause should it only pause/fade whilst the alert/all clear sound is played and return immediatly after?

correct
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was pleasantly surprised to see the new version of the app available this morning so gave it a run through on my journey to work, some observations:

Iphone 3GS 4.0.1 OS

1) App not doesnt run out of memory, brilliant!

2) New voices are good, can I have the option to select the old ones though, I actually preferred these and the new ones seem long winded and by the time the sound clip has finished its given me much less warning, whereas before it was short and to the point, which I'd prefer myself. Not saying get rid of the new ones at all just an option to keep the old style in addition.

3) I am normally playing music through the ipod into a docked FM transmitter however after some speed camera spots, the announcement would play as normal however the ipod audio would then stop playing through the fm transmitter and start coming from the iphones speakers, very wierd indeed and quite annoying to be honest to have to keep re-docking it, happened about 4 times on my 1st journey using it (bout 1 hr).

4) the audio buttons are still way too tiny, try using them whilst driving along - its bordering dangerous as the player controls are too small meaning you have to be quite precise (meaning having to look down and take eyes away from the road) whilst trying to drive also, is the buttons or even the hit areas were twice the size it would be a massive improvement.

Other than that keep up the good work, I look forward to the continued improvement of this great app
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martmitch wrote:
3) I am normally playing music through the ipod into a docked FM transmitter however after some speed camera spots, the announcement would play as normal however the ipod audio would then stop playing through the fm transmitter and start coming from the iphones speakers, very wierd indeed and quite annoying to be honest to have to keep re-docking it, happened about 4 times on my 1st journey using it (bout 1 hr).

Press the music nots to bring up iPod control. on the dark-grey bar that comes up, press the con on the top right - this switches between using the default output (headphones / bluetooth) and forcing the alert audio through the iphone speaker.

hope that helps?

MaFt
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

re the 'option of audio not being changed' - darren, this was a suggestion in the cameralert forum that as well as 'pause' and 'fade' there is an option of 'dont change any of the audio levels'.

MaFt

This would be useful if the alerts are being forced to come out of the iPod speakers, rather than through the car radio. This does away with the issue of the music playback level being significantly different from the alert volume. So your music could continue uninterrupted through the radio, and alerts would come via the iPod speaker.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
This does away with the issue of the music playback level being significantly different from the alert volume. So your music could continue uninterrupted through the radio, and alerts would come via the iPod speaker.

the idea of the audio-routing was for when an iphone was in a dock that defaulted to porting the audio through a stereo etc. in this instance if the user was listening to the radio, or the stereo was turned off completely, then they would not get the aux audio so, instead, it comes out of the iphone speaker so it can be heard.

however the iphone speaker is very quiet so with music still playing it would be easy to miss.

MaFt
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

however the iphone speaker is very quiet so with music still playing it would be easy to miss.

MaFt

...not if you use the 'Ding' sound, which is VERY loud!
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
martmitch wrote:

Press the music nots to bring up iPod control. on the dark-grey bar that comes up, press the con on the top right - this switches between using the default output (headphones / bluetooth) and forcing the alert audio through the iphone speaker.

hope that helps?

MaFt

Thanks for getting back to me however this issue has never happened before since purchasing the app approx 6 months ago so its definitely something new with this new version, by default I have the alert audio set coming through the iphone speaker but it’s the ipod audio music that is normally being sent through the fm transmitter dock that is being affected by this intermittently, its always after an alert has been played however that when the music playback is resumed the ipod audio has switched to coming out through the ipod not the dock, removing and replacing the iphone in the dock immediately fixes this but as you can imagine having to do this when driving along isn't the best of safety features.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martmitch: does it do the same whether on pause or fade? also, what iOS version and phone are you on?

MaFt
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setting has always been set to pause, I can try pade on my journey home tho see if it produces the same issue. as far as my phone is concerned its a 3GS on ios 4.0.1
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but the problem exists if I change it to fade or pause, seems to be every 1 in 4 alerts thats its affected on but is random i.e. could do it three times in a row and then not for 5-6 alerts, operating system version on my iphone hasnt changed for a while as this has never happened on any previous versions of your app
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the "Terminate CamerAlert" (tap the blue ball icon top right) function meant to just close the app the same as tapping the Home button or actually kill the app totally?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Is the "Terminate CamerAlert" (tap the blue ball icon top right) function meant to just close the app the same as tapping the Home button or actually kill the app totally?

It 'terminates' the app, i.e. Fully Exits it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: