Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there a problem with cameralert and iphone software ver4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a problem with cameralert and iphone software ver4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Is there a problem with cameralert and iphone software ver4 Reply with quote

Hi

I have been using the cameralert app successfully until I updated to OS4.

The app starts as normal then seems to run slowly, lock up and crash. I have a 3GS phone with over 4gb of memory left.

Any advice appreciated- I updated the phone and was going to subscribe to the database this week in preparation for a European trip starting this Sunday. I would be lost without a camera detection system!

I have sent the crash logs to mike at pocketgpsworld and am waiting to see if he can give me some top tips!

I have reloaded the app from the app store, restored the iphone, performed hard shutdowns on the phone and am considering a hard throw out of the window the next time it shuts down!

Thanks
Tpig

MikeB: edited to obscure email address
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I have not seen your crashlogs unless you have sent them in using a different email address. Can you re-send them...

What is the problem you are having? when does it manifest? What configuration are you running?

BTW Do not use the maps if you do not have a data contract in the countries you are visiting otherwise roaming costs will be horrendous.
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I have sent a couple of emails to mike at pocketgpsworld.com
Please let me know if this email address in incorrect- i'll sent the crash logs to where ever you want.
I have been using the app today and its still failing. I synced the iphone and sent the crash logs to the above email address.

The app starts and works for around 10min, or 3 or 4 camera alerts then locks up with the last camera alert still on the sreen. The distance to the camera locks up as well as my gps speedo reading. Sometimes the app sits like this and other times the screen goes black and the phone returns to the main phone screen.

Thanks

MikeB Edited to obscure email address
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add-

the fault occurs wether I am using the maps or not.
I normally use show maps when near camera along with voice alerts.

Thanks for the tip on the roaming charges.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had a look at the crashlogs that you have sent in and there is only one CamerAlert crash and that was back on the 6th July.

What the other crash logs do show is that you are experiencing dozens of Low Memory crashes and lots of crashes in other applications as well. Although you have 4Gb free this is the flash ram not the main base system memory. One of the symptoms of running low on base memory is that applications are just shut down by the system.

With iOS4 apps are not actually shut but are suspended taking up resources. Can you try rebooting your iPhone and not starting any other app but use CamerAlert on it's own.
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting..

I'll try that today.

Thanks
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I tried rebooting and only opening cameralert. No good.

I have also deleted all other apps, music and photos from the phone. I have re-downloaded the app from the app store and its still closing/ crashing.
I noticed there is an apple software update out today- I'll load that and see what happens.

I'll sent the crash logs but i dont think there are any new files in there.

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: