Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - (Camera data for..) TomTom One IQ Routes Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

(Camera data for..) TomTom One IQ Routes Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: (Camera data for..) TomTom One IQ Routes Edition Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have been given as a present the above TomTom by a friend who has gone back to live in Israel.

It's the Europe Edition.

He bought it new last year in October.

It's already downloaded with Tom Tom's information.

How do I erase their stuff ( you can see I am PC illeterate ) and download PGPSW info?

Is there anything I should leave on there?

It's the Speed Camera database that is very important to me.

Thanks in advance

Paula Three

PS. He did not give me a Mains Adaptor with the unit .... Sad
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom One IQ Routes Edition Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been given as a present the above TomTom by a friend who has gone back to live in Israel.

It's the Europe Edition.

How do I erase their stuff ( you can see I am PC illeterate ) and download PGPSW info?

Thanks in advance

Paula Three

1. The safety camera files are all in the 'Map' folder and have names such as Blitzer_AT and Autovelox_IT with suffixes of OV2, DCT and VER etc. You will see that the cameras for different countries have the country ID within the file name i.e. AT Austria, IT Italy and so on. It is safe to delete all these files - three for each country, from the devices Map folder BUT and this is essential.....MAKE A BACK-UP first just in case something goes wrong.
You will need to connect your ONE IQ edition to your computer and open the appropriate disc then navigate to the MAP (Western and Eastern Europe) to be able to see the files/folders.

2. I am assuming that you mean you want to erase 'their stuff' meaning the safety cameras ?

3. The One IQ edition does not come with a mains charger, you can connect your device with a USB to mini usb cable, supplied and charge the device that way or use the car connector/charger.

I nearly forgot to say, that it is also possible to remove all the safety cameras installed via HOME, the TomTom software programme for managing your device. Open HOME and navigate to the 'Manage your navigation device' and find the various speed camera items, put a tick into the box and move the item to your computer. BackUp first always.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom One IQ Routes Edition Reply with quote

Hi Gee Pee,

Many thanks for your info.

I would not know where to start on this but will see if I can get someone else to do it for me.

If not, I will simply use the TomTom speed camera database that is already on the unit and update it regularly through their Home.

Cheers

Paula

Gee-Pee wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:
Hi everyone,

It's the Europe Edition.

Thanks in advance

Paula Three

1. The safety camera files are all in the 'Map' folder and have names such as Blitzer_AT and Autovelox_IT with suffixes of OV2, DCT and VER etc. You will see that the cameras for different countries have the country ID within the file name i.e. AT Austria, IT Italy and so on. It is safe to delete all these files - three for each country, from the devices Map folder BUT and this is essential.....MAKE A BACK-UP first just in case something goes wrong.
You will need to connect your ONE IQ edition to your computer and open the appropriate disc then navigate to the MAP (Western and Eastern Europe) to be able to see the files/folders.

2. I am assuming that you mean you want to erase 'their stuff' meaning the safety cameras ?

3. The One IQ edition does not come with a mains charger, you can connect your device with a USB to mini usb cable, supplied and charge the device that way or use the car connector/charger.

I nearly forgot to say, that it is also possible to remove all the safety cameras installed via HOME, the TomTom software programme for managing your device. Open HOME and navigate to the 'Manage your navigation device' and find the various speed camera items, put a tick into the box and move the item to your computer. BackUp first always.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paula

You don't HAVE to uninstall all the TT speed cameras, you can just add the PGPSW cameras of choice - does sometimes give you two warnings, though Wink The PGPSW ones do give better coverage and I find are more up to date and comprehensive.

GeePee
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GeePee,

My apologies for not answering you earlier but have been incredibly busy.... Sad

Can I leave all the Tom Tom camera settings as they are and add the PGPSW ones to it's database and if so, how do I do that?

Also will the TomTom advise me of Police Mobile Camera sites (via PGPSW) like my Drivesmart used to?

Thanks

Paula

Gee-Pee wrote:
Hi Paula

You don't HAVE to uninstall all the TT speed cameras, you can just add the PGPSW cameras of choice - does sometimes give you two warnings, though Wink The PGPSW ones do give better coverage and I find are more up to date and comprehensive.

GeePee
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGPSW and TomTom databases are seperate and will not mix. You'll be running 2 databases which will have some duplication between the two.

The easiest way to stop using the TomTom database is to just disable it.

Tap Screen, LIVE Services, Safety Alerts, Disable Alerts.

The PGPSW database does include Mobile cameras.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:

Can I leave all the Tom Tom camera settings as they are and add the PGPSW ones to it's database and if so, how do I do that?

The download page for the camera database is HERE and that page also has links to all the installation instructions for different devices.
The written instructions for your TomTom are HERE
and there is a video guide HERE

Hope that lot can get you up and running. Any questions, just ask!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always use HOME to remove the TT Safety Cameras through the Manage My Device section

Remove them from the device and your computer
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your help and advice.

I will see what I can do but disabling the TT data really scares me and I am not sure if I should do it.

Perhaps I should keep the TT database and double up with the PGPSW database as surely having two warnings is better than none at all if I mess up?

Paula
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry - disabling the TomTom camera alerts is very easy and has no lasting effect. You can always reinstate them later if you wish. It makes more sense to disable them than to have both sets of alerts.

Just follow PaulB2005's instructions and everything should go smoothly.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, you can't mess it up. If you are already entering destinations and using the sat nav for guidance you are already doing stuff more complicated than switching off the TT Cameras. It can be easily reversed by clicking Enable Cameras again.

It's 4 steps.

1 - Tap Screen
2 - LIVE Services
3 - Safety Alerts
4 - Disable Alerts (or Enable Alerts to re-enable them)

I've done it, as have many others....
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,

I am going to summon up courage and give it a go ...... Driving

Wish me luck

Paula
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I loathe anything to do with PC's etc.

I have downloaded the PGPSW data, switched on my TomTom ( it's connected to my PC) and it has frozen. (see fotos).

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/PaulaHam/DSC02487R.jpg
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/PaulaHam/DSC02488R.jpg
Frozen TomTom
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/PaulaHam/DSC02486.jpg

I think that I will just stick to the Tom Tom speed camera databases and leave it at that.

I am furious.

G'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Paula

PS. I know - I will just make sure that I stick to the speed limits in future, so I will not need a Speed Camera device !!!

IMG Tags changed to URL due to oversized photos. PaulB2005
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paula, what makes you think it has frozen?

The first two pictures are of files on your PC (as you can see from the "address" bar near the top).
And the third picture shows your TomTom's screen as it looks when it is connected to the computer, waiting for you to do something. Nothing wrong there either.

Do please have another go, following the instructions I linkedto above.
I'd advise printing them out so you don't have to keep flipping back from one screen to another.

But if you really don't feel up to it, has anyone asked where you're based? Maybe one of the regulars could do it for you or talk you through it.
It's not an "official" service, but it's been dome more than once before.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Andy,

In the 3rd picture, when I touch the screen it does nothing at all, so I cannot do anything.

Computers and modern toys are not really my bag as you can see.

I am based in Weybridge, Surrey so I would like some help please.

I make great cups of tea and enjoy good cake .... Smile

Thanks for your support hun.

Paula

Andy_P wrote:
Paula, what makes you think it has frozen?

The first two pictures are of files on your PC (as you can see from the "address" bar near the top).
And the third picture shows your TomTom's screen as it looks when it is connected to the computer, waiting for you to do something. Nothing wrong there either.

Do please have another go, following the instructions I linkedto above.
I'd advise printing them out so you don't have to keep flipping back from one screen to another.

But if you really don't feel up to it, has anyone asked where you're based? Maybe one of the regulars could do it for you or talk you through it.
It's not an "official" service, but it's been dome more than once before.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: