Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - VERY Disappointed in Latest "Upgrade"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

VERY Disappointed in Latest "Upgrade"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: VERY Disappointed in Latest "Upgrade" Reply with quote

Everything was working well enough for me until I "upgraded" to the new version.

I can no longer use Telmap at all because the search function will not work as it did before. I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but whenever I try to search for addressese that were previously saved as my places, the only results I receive are for addresses in Quebec.

I'm having other issues as well, but they pale in comparison because the failure of the search function means i cant use it to navigate at all.

Other issues:
- when i do "search from Telmap" from my contacts, it just opens up Telmap, but doesn't insert the address in the search field (this never worked well anyway, but at least it "tried" to work)
- I keep getting network errors.

Is there any way I can "downgrade" back to a version that actually works?

Thanks!
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Icarus3000,

In order to solve the search issue you need to set the search to your region. In order to do that, on the main screen of the application please choose "search" --press the Blackberry menu button--choose "change country"--type in "on" and you will be able to scroll and select Ontario, Canada.

Regarding the network error - as mentioned before, as a fully network-based system we require a network connection. There are locations where the network connection is spotty and inconsistent and this can prevent the application from working properly.

Best regards,
TUG admin
Icarus3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only these problems were so easily fixed, I would be very happy...

1- My location is ALREADY set to Ontario. It tells me I can "search for an address [...] in Ontario", but all search results end up sending me to Quebec.

2- I have an excellent network connection. I have never had a network problem with any other application, and before the latest Telmap upgrade I never had a network problem with Telmap.

I love your product, and hope you are working to fix these problems so that it is actually useable again. In the meantime if there is any way I can get a copy of the older version, please let me know.

Thanks!
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Search in Ontario Reply with quote

HI Icarus,
Can you please give me a few examples of search terms that don't work for you so that we can look into it?
We need to know:
- which map was showing while you search
- what is the search term you entered
- what is the expected result
- what is the actual result you got (if any)

Thanks
TUGAdmin
Icarus3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUGAdmin: I just sent you an email with the addresses I was looking for, and the actual results I obtained.

Thanks!
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Finding addresses Reply with quote

Hi icarus,
I responded to the message you sent showing how to find the locations that did not work for you.
I hope you manage now - but we are always happy to hear about search results that are not intuitive.
Thanks
TUGAdmin
Icarus3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I got it to work now.

The problem was that you should not include the province in the search for an address if you are already in the same province. That doesn't seem very intuitive to me, but as long as it works... In previous versions I was able to include the province.

Example:

100 Main Street, Toronto, Ontario (Doesn't work now)
100 Main Street, Toronto (works now)

If you want to be able to link the contacts list to Telmap in any meaningful way, I think you need to work on the "intelligence" of the search so that either one of the above would work, even if you add in postal codes and countries.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: