Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap 5 Menu system - Confusing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap 5 Menu system - Confusing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Telmap 5 Menu system - Confusing Reply with quote

Hi TUGADMIN,

The menu system in Telmap 5 can be very confusing at times, especially if you are on the road or highway, as there are different options depending on which screen you are in.

I would drop the confusing vertical menu system you have now, and implement a nice grid style icon based menu system, with minimal top level choices which drill down to what you want, as opposed to having a bunch of top level menu choices like you have..

simplicity and friendly user interface is key here.
Just look at the difference between Telmap5 menu system vs Garmin. Which looks easier to use?

You guys already have a solid navigation screen, and voice directions, but are lacking when it comes to menu and user interface.

Thanks again for the Beta group!
FYI: I also submitted this on your feedback form.
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 50+ views and nobody has a comment?

come on guys, speak up here whether you agree or disagree with me, we are all here to make this product better.

Don't just post here when when Telmap is down.
Contribute to this forum please!
e415b0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: How did you get that screen? Reply with quote

I have signed up and am currently using the beta testing Telmap 5. My question is when I open Telmap 5 my screen looks nothing like the one that you posted. How did you get to that screen. When I open up the app I get a map with a pin for "home" and then in the lower left corner I have 3 options "search", "maps" and "my places". I am a noob so maybe I just dont know how to do the setting or if there is an option to change the menu style. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you get that screen? Reply with quote

e415b0 wrote:
My question is when I open Telmap 5 my screen looks nothing like the one that you posted. How did you get to that screen.

Garmin??
j8ke20 wrote:
Just look at the difference between Telmap5 menu system vs Garmin. Which looks easier to use?
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: How did you get that screen? Reply with quote

e415b0 wrote:
My question is when I open Telmap 5 my screen looks nothing like the one that you posted. How did you get to that screen.

That would be because the screen is not in Telmap.

j8ke20, yes I agree the screen could be simpler as you show. At the moment it's getting harder for me to make any comments as the memory of Telmap's functionality is fading the longer it is since I had a working copy.....

There was also a survey in my inbox yesterday from Telmap asking about the interface amongst other things. I made some comments there.
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you get that screen? Reply with quote

e415b0 wrote:
I have signed up and am currently using the beta testing Telmap 5. My question is when I open Telmap 5 my screen looks nothing like the one that you posted. How did you get to that screen. When I open up the app I get a map with a pin for "home" and then in the lower left corner I have 3 options "search", "maps" and "my places". I am a noob so maybe I just dont know how to do the setting or if there is an option to change the menu style. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

yes, the screen shown is from Garmin software.. I was just using that as an example of a nice clean and simple to use interface where you can literally just pick up a unit and go, where as Telmap 5 can be somewhat confusing and difficult to navigate through.
WolfmanRobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've all but given up on the product until I got a survey and came back to update my original review of this...
As you can see, I agree fully that the menu system is almost unusable!

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81073
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, the confusing menu interface, and the search feature are the 2 biggest problems right now I see with this software.

I just hope the Telmap team is really listening to us.
WolfmanRobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they post here that they are, and they emailed me saying they were working on it... that was almost 3 months ago and there have been no improvements in any of the areas that so many people complain about here.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

We are here, and we are listening to your opinions. We appreciate the time and effort you take in order to help us improve our application. Your reviews will be transferred to the relevant department.

Best regards,
TUG admin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: