Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie help please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Newbie help please! Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and to GPS in general. I have recently bought a Satmap Active 10 Plus for mountainbiking and geocaching. I've only had it a week or so and am still getting to grips with it but I have found it extremely easy to use.

I have one query that I wonder if anyone can solve? When I connected the unit to my laptop to transfer routes and POI's, I get a message pop up saying that the unit needs a software upgrade. The thing is, it's already installed with v.1.4. Does anyone know if there's been another patch or upgrade already? I can't see anything on the Satmap site and have not received any emails from them saying so.

At the moment, I'm just cancelling the request to upgrade but wonder if anyone else has excperienced this.

Many thanks.
jjb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming you are using SatSYNC v 1.4

If this is the case click settings, then messages and unclick the bottom box about always showing the upgrade message. Razz
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I'm using SatSync 1.4 that I downloaded from the Satmap site. I will, however, double check.

I suppose there's no need to have the upgrade message box turned on as I gather from what the Satmap site says, they will email with any upgrades.

Thanks again for your help.
Very Happy
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having double checked, I've the current firmware on the unit and am using the current version of SatSYNC and even after unticking the message boxes in settings, I'm still getting the 'you need to upgrade' message.

I've contacted Satmap and shall see what they have to say.

Watch this space!
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Having double checked, I've the current firmware on the unit and am using the current version of SatSYNC and even after unticking the message boxes in settings, I'm still getting the 'you need to upgrade' message.

I've contacted Satmap and shall see what they have to say.

Watch this space!

Snap! I thought it was down to my 'older' unit. I would also be interested. Please post when you get the reply.
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just got word back from Scott at Satmap who says:-

"It would be fine if you just ran that 1.4 update as it’s just part of what you have already. If you run the upgrade and then restart your SATMAP. Hopefully, after that the message should clear."

I'll give it a whirl tonight and report back once I've done it.
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, well I did the update this evening and no longer get the message saying I need to update when I connect to SatSYNC. The update only took about 15-20 seconds.

However, A WORD OF WARNING...

Make sure that you make a note of ALL your custom settings before you do it as the unit needs to reset COMPLETELY. You MUST copy over any routes, WP's or POI's to an SD card or your PC as if they're left on the unit, you WILL lose them. Also, I've just spent ages trying to set it all up again how it was before the update i.e., power saving settings, data box layout, units settings etc., which meant revisiting the user manual. Again.

Looks like there's no difference in the unit given that it was already v1.4 but it's "job done" now, and I can get on with using it again.

Hope this helps any other concerned users...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: