Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The PocketGPSWorld.com Suggestion Box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The PocketGPSWorld.com Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cameras at Level Crossings Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
Darren wrote:
Do we really need to be told that you should obey the lights at a level crossing?

Do we really need to be told that you should obey the lights at a light controlled road junction? Wink

In a way, it's just as much a redlight camera as any other. You're the boss though. Not Worthy

Any one who runs a red-light deserves the book thrown at them as does anyone who runs a level crossing.

The red-light database was included back when we hadn't given it much thought. By the time we had it was too late and now with dual-purpose red-light/speedcams it is almost justified.

If I had my way, red-lights would be pulled from the database without a second thought but it's too late now. However I won't make the same mistake and allow level crossing cameras to be included.
andyx23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Favourite Icon Reply with quote

Hey there.

Like the look of the new site. Went to update the icon showing in my favourites bar and it came up with old PGPS (with picture of satellite) rather than the blue globe.

I thought for consistency and as i prefer the new logo, you might want to look at updating?

Hope I haven't got this wrong.

Thanks

Andrew
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been using a new favicon (the icon in the address bar) for months now.

You may want to flush the internet cache to force your browser to use it.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after reinstalling Windows (and you can't fluish the cache any harder than that) a couple of months ago the old icon still comes back for me too from time to time. Flushing the cache seems to cause it to appear. It's only after a few visits the new icon appears.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another windows quirk then or possibly an ISP with a very aggressive cache of its own (Cable Networks are known for this with their Inktomi cache devices).

It can only be in a cache someplace but if you've re-built then it must be your ISP.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. NTL used Inktomi servers but i've always been on Telewest / Blueyonder / Virgin Media so never suffered this problem with any other site as they didn't use Inktomi servers.

IE displays the new FavIcon at the top of the page first time everytime, just takes viewing a few pages before it arrives in the Favs list then it's there until i flush my cache...
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you going to introduce a mobile version of the site? I use Speedcam on my Nokia and it is ponderous having to navigate the site on a mobile phone to update the database. Also the zip files throw up an error message with Nokia unzip and I have to use WinRAR to unzip the files.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest we've never been asked for a mobile version that supported downloads. The vast majority of downloads are for PNDs or other devices that could not utilise a mobile download option.

Never say never though.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloads OK using a PPC and unzips fine, transfering the files to a TomTom PND via Bluetooth is real PITA though but it is/ was possible - Then again how many users of the site will be doing this sort of thing? - Mike
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With GPS software increasingly migrating to mobile phones, in car internet access fast becoming the norm and people wanting access to information where they are, not home at the PC, not having a mobile-friendly site will soon be the exception.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMWebby wrote:
in car internet access fast becoming the norm

Laughing Out Loud, the 'norm'?? There are only a few manufacturers who have announced internet in-car and it will be 2-5yrs before it becomes an option let alone the norm!
AMWebby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the entries in your CES blog are about mobile devices and the rate of growth in IT has consistently proven to be exponential and faster than predicted. This was labelled a suggestion box, I didn't expect head-in-the sand pettifoggery.

Posted from my mobile.
PGA_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera - New File Grouping? Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know if this has been suggested already or if anyone else would find it useful, but what about providing the cameras zoned by speed only, Fixed 70, Fixed 60, Mobile 70, Mobile 60, etc?

The reason for the request is that I am interested in what speed the camera is detecting as opposed to type, but do not want to have to set-up 'warn when near POI' for very type as well as speed (warnings drop off occaionally when updating!)

Just a thought!

Thanks Pete
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera - New File Grouping? Reply with quote

PGA_UK wrote:
what about providing the cameras zoned by speed only, Fixed 70, Fixed 60, Mobile 70, Mobile 60, etc?

we already do this with the speed zoned version? they are split up into types i.e. 'gatso' (which includes gatso, truvelo, monitron, redpseed), specs (which has all the average speed cams), redlight (as a single file) and the mobile / pmobile files.

MaFt
PGA_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt

Sorry - you mis-understand, under the speed zoned file there are sub-categories for type,which means that in order to setup up warn when near POI, I have to run through all speeds, all types.

By simplifying the file as speed zoned, fixed cameras and speed zoned, mobile cameras there is less to set up on warn when near poi

(unless someone can tell me how to backup the file that holds the settings for warn when near POI?)

Many thanks

Pete

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: