Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beeney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: speed camera icons and voice camera alerts Reply with quote

hi could u tell me if these will work on a navman icn 520 pls
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi beeney, welcome to the forum.

By all means give it a go. On the previous page, it's noted that the 24x24 icons work on a Navman device - don't know if it would work on yours though.

You may also want to check out the Navman forum where I've just seen info regarding using wav files (see the Navman download instructions).
Brodit ProClip mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Navman use 8 Bit colour depth so loading the alternate sets which are 24 Bit might not work unless you alter this prior to installing - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: icons Reply with quote

browny99 wrote:
hi guys, Newbie here!!! i think i have read all this forum on changing the icons, but i cant seem to find a page that tells me a step by step guide to install them on my new go 750.

The installation is the same for all TomTom's but it does require you use our speed camera database.
Quote:
maybe im asking to much since i used to own a snooper syrius, which is the best for speed cameras

<cough> I'll beg to differ there, OUR database is superior to Snooper's. They may have a decent device but our data is better.
Quote:
So i need help on how to put yr icons on my 750, also want to check out the sound but, we can do that another dayall help appreciated, thanx.

As per the icons, our real voice alerts are also available but again will require that you use our speedcam database service.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your eyes peeled for the mobile speed camera locations then as the TomTom offering is fairly pathetic in this area, the database from this site will notify you of locations known to be frequented by the mobile cameras. I consider a warning of such a location far better even if there is nothing there at the time you pass - with the TT you are lucky to see anything at all to do with mobile locations - drive carefully for the next three months is my advice - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: icons Reply with quote

browny99 wrote:
so i cant install the icons alone, unless i pay for the database?

You can install the icons we offer but they are designed for our database and as TomTom don't permit the icons for their database to be changed, installing the ones we supply would be pointless.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your TomTom will have been supplied with Navcore 9 software installed but it won't alter the speed camera warnings.

If you change to the offering from this site you can use the spoken voice alerts so approaching a camera the device will say something like "Warning Gatso ahead, speed limit 30 miles per hour" so it tells you the type of camera and the rated speed prior to you getting a pre set distance from the camera - Some of the voice warnings even have siren sounds followed by the spoken alert - Mike
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 44x an 48x don't work on the Garmin Nuvi 205W Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a table of applicability near the top of the extra icon downloads page which explains which models support the use of these icon, AFAIK Garmin don't support any of the larger format icons on any device - Mike
transplant
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Garmin nuvi 255WT Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Just uploaded the 24x24 speed rated icons to the Garmin nuvi 255WT - works perfectly so you can update your database on this one. (Currently running software version 6.40 and audio version 2.30 with map CN Europe NT 2010.30)
Cheers (Great website by the way!)
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Where do I put........... Reply with quote

Hi all

Could someone please help me with where to put GerryC's Safety Camera Icons on my Garmin nuvi 1490T please? Embarassed

I have downloaded the Speed Camera Database and Voice files [mp3 to wav] and loaded to a SD Card with POI Loader, drive tested and it worked it's magic. Very Happy

Now I would like to install GerryC's Safety Camera Icons, but do not know where they go, because it says to put them in the map folded which I have no idea where it is on my device.

Thank in advance for any replies.

Take Care
TheQuest Cool
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Garmins you have to replace the icons from the speed camera download before uploading them to the unit with POILoader. You don't move or copy anything to the unit yourself.

Just unzip the speed camera download and then copy the new icons over the original ones. Then upload with POILoader.
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PaulB2005

Thank you very much for you reply. Very Happy

Will do as you explained now, and give the 1490T a simulated test run.

With many regards
Take Care
TheQuest Cool

PS: Just to update PaulB2005, that it worked as said, many thanks once again. Thumbs Up
maa1506
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Primo? Reply with quote

Is there a custom camera icon for Igo Primo at all please and where does it need to be installed?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't that easy. The camera icons are in the data.zip/gfx folder and are in the file speedwarn.bmp. They are in a special iGO .bmp format for which you need an iGO decompressor. The icons are not single icons, but are in a strip of all warnings and the speedwarn.spr file tells iGO how to process these icons. Alternative speedwarn icons can be obtained from several places on the web if you google for them. Good luck!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: