Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anyone managed to load all the cameras on the new WM update?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone managed to load all the cameras on the new WM update?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Anyone managed to load all the cameras on the new WM update? Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've managed to load the new WM update but having problems loading the speed cameras. I've tried the trusted way of deleting the folders from user places and then copying the new files into save but only the camera icons and the gatso file get imported the remaining csv files get left in save. I've also tried using central but that seems to be the same only the gatso file gets imported.

Has anyone managed to import all of the files yet?

Phil
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone managed to load all the cameras on the new WM upd Reply with quote

PhilB wrote:
Hi All,
I've managed to load the new WM update but having problems loading the speed cameras. I've tried the trusted way of deleting the folders from user places and then copying the new files into save but only the camera icons and the gatso file get imported the remaining csv files get left in save. I've also tried using central but that seems to be the same only the gatso file gets imported.

Has anyone managed to import all of the files yet?

Phil

I also tried several times using the usual methods - no joy at all. Other poi load fine from the poi download section but I use the TT versions which work fine if you change the pictures to .png and delete the .bmp ones. I thought if the poi work, why not try the camera TT files? I kept the original .png camera pics and used the TT location files. Followed the same procedure as before and it seems to work. I haven't used in real time but I have run several demo routes. Cameras show but not with PGPSW pic files ??? The generic yellow camera pics show but the actual speeds seem to display properly. If anyone else can throw any light on this I'm sure many would be interested.

Cheers
lodgebarn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some success for me with the update, what I noticed is that the Copilot load procedure actually created a folder called pocketgps_uk i.e. dropping the data after the second underscore from the pocketgps_uk_gatso.csv file. This meant that only the first speed camera file was loaded. I also had another custom poi file where I observed the same effect.
What I then did was to remove the _uk from the file names (including png) and try again - leaving names such as pocketgps_gatso. This time Copilot loaded all speed cameras successfully. Since I am not on the road I cannot test that the cameras will work.
Good luck to all copilot sufferers Smile.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes sense... this 'feature' was also added to the android version...

i'll take a look at the download code and see if i can get it to rename them.

MaFt
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lodgebarn wrote:
Some success for me with the update, what I noticed is that the Copilot load procedure actually created a folder called pocketgps_uk i.e. dropping the data after the second underscore from the pocketgps_uk_gatso.csv file. This meant that only the first speed camera file was loaded. I also had another custom poi file where I observed the same effect.
What I then did was to remove the _uk from the file names (including png) and try again - leaving names such as pocketgps_gatso. This time Copilot loaded all speed cameras successfully. Since I am not on the road I cannot test that the cameras will work.
Good luck to all copilot sufferers Smile.

Well spotted! I had noticed the folder but not realised the signifigance. Have used your method of changing file names and according to various demos run that go past known camera locations it works perfectly. Going out later and will try in real time. Also I have loaded various other poi files using .png and .ov2 files from this site and they work fine as well. Strange that only the camera files need editing, guess CoPilot uses these in a different way Rolling Eyes
Anyhoo many thanks for your help.

Cheers
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
it makes sense... this 'feature' was also added to the android version...

i'll take a look at the download code and see if i can get it to rename them.

MaFt

Thanks MaFt - knew it wouldn't be long before we saw you here.... Very Happy Clap
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's good news, I'll give the update another go then
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

changes to filename now made - see here

MaFt
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man!

Very many thanks for your help, if only ALK were as responsive.

Best wishes for the New Year

Phil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: