Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN6 on the iPAQ HX4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN6 on the iPAQ HX4700
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for reserructing an old thread but I just wanted to see if there were any iPAQ HX4700 owners who managed to get TT6 working with no issues on their 4700?

I have been a registered TT owner since v2 following the full upgrade path through to v5 and was disappointed to find out that TT does not *officially* support the iPAQ 4700 with v6 onwards nor do they offer any updated maps for my existing v5 version...

Pity as the 4700 has a great display for maps and was much better than the iPAQ 2210 it replaced....

So does anyone here have (or have had) TT6 working OK on the 4700?

If you have is there any upgrade path to newer maps following the install of TT6?

I ask because some time ago I bought a cheap. boxed TT6 purely for the BT Receiver and thought it was a waste to leave the CD's unused in the box!

Any hints/tips/gotchas would be much appreciated.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With TTN6 installed to the SD card make sure there is no CF card inserted as its presence tends to mess up the application preventing it from launching, the only other issue I have seen is one with the Bluetooth stack which affects some 4700's but not all.
We had five iPAQ 4700's in the office from memory only two needed the BT fix to work, the other three were fine without it, not too sure why but adding a little file to do with the BT sorted it out, try the CF removal first and if it still doesn't want to play I can e-mail you the BT file - Mike
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hx4700 works fine with TTN6. Always has. I have it installed on the 2Gb SD card, and have a 1Gb flash card as well. I've used it for over 3 years with the PGPSW speed cameras and POIs.

TT is 6.010 (7720)
Map is gb_plus_major_roads_of_we v652.1204

The only problem my hx4700 is dying. Recently the SD card keeps getting forgotten about by the pda, so TT keeps reinstalling itself. Its not a TT problem, as the hx4700 also loses its links to the other programs installed on the SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: