Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - We need your feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

We need your feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leemedler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest waste of money ive spent
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemedler wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Why do you believe that you have wasted you money? If you post the details of your problem here someone should be able to help.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemedler wrote:

??????? What is? Your subscription? Why, what are you unable to do?

This seems to be your first post, and you are not happy, but you give no details as to what device you have and what you are trying to do.

Please help us to help you.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished replying via PayPal to you.

Surprised that you think it fair that your first action after having a problem with a subscription is to file a PayPal claim? Isn't it only reasonable to give us a chance to help you?

A summary of events for others to read:

1. Files claim that the service is 'Significantly not as described' and cannot open .zip file.

2. We reply asking him to open a Support Ticket as would be reasonable if you had an issue an issue.

3. He responded that 'service is rubbish because you can't install UK cams to a WE map, our site is rubbish and he wouldn't use our database anyway'.

4. I reply stating why he is wrong, explaining why our UK camera data can be installed to a WE map and why it is a separate file to the EUR cams.

Isn't it wonderful serving such lovely people?

So rather than ask for help Mr Medler thinks it entirely fair to seek a refund from PayPal rather than give us the chance to resolve his support issue.

We won't refund in this case and we will let PayPal decide. In other cases they frequently find in our favour where the customer has had access to the data, we can prove it, and they have demonstrated an unwillingness to cooperate to resolve the matter.

We have nothing to hide but I'd be delighted to hear your views on where we went wrong?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
3. He responded that 'service is rubbish because you can't install UK cams to a WE map, our site is rubbish and he wouldn't use our database anyway'.

I use a WE map (currently W&C Europe 2GB V835.2419) on my TomTom 730T and I know that a lot of other people do as well.

It's a shame that he didn't raise a ticket or even better have asked in our friendly forum! Rolling Eyes

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Mr Medler has already got what he wanted - a copy of the database to pirate elsewhere? Confused Confused
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iphone and other Smartphone application to automatically update the speedcams!!!!

I am aware that a request has been sent to apple for a PGPW application, so are there any news about that so far?

Also are there any plans for an application that can work on symbian or android phones?

I would be most interested for an app that could work on NOKIA 5800 and could update automatically the cameras on my Garmin XT application
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsdinos wrote:
I am aware that a request has been sent to apple for a PGPW application, so are there any news about that so far?

No update to report yet.
Quote:
Also are there any plans for an application that can work on symbian or android phones?

There is already an Android app, EZCam, available in the market, that can use our database.
DPeo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site and i'd love to subscribe but the trouble is i'd be wasting my money. You see i just cannot understand how to download/what to download etc as i'm that useless with this sort of thing. I know what i 'd want, camera data and voices but no way could i do it. (yes i've seen the how to guide Confused ). Is there anyone that could help. (Wirral area)

bought a Zumo 660
Dave.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPeo wrote:
Great site and i'd love to subscribe but the trouble is i'd be wasting my money. You see i just cannot understand how to download/what to download etc as i'm that useless with this sort of thing. I know what i 'd want, camera data and voices but no way could i do it. (yes i've seen the how to guide Confused ). Is there anyone that could help. (Wirral area)

bought a Zumo 660
Dave.

It's really very simple and we could talk you through it via the forums.

That way you would have learnt how and could update yourself on the next release.

Even the most unsavvy of computer users can do it!
DPeo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
DPeo wrote:

bought a Zumo 660
Dave.

It's really very simple and we could talk you through it via the forums.

That way you would have learnt how and could update yourself on the next release.

Even the most unsavvy of computer users can do it!

I dont think you realise what your taking on here. Laughing Its taken me a while to find where i posted this but going to give it a go later this week when i have a bit more time. Thanks for reply.
Dave.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPeo wrote:
I dont think you realise what your taking on here. Laughing Its taken me a while to find where i posted this but going to give it a go later this week when i have a bit more time. Thanks for reply.
Dave.

The fact you're using forums and have posted a message (and now replied to it) successfully moves you out of the 'unsavvy' group.

Now you can do that we will be happy to walk you though the process and you'll learn another new skill Thumbs Up
DPeo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren, I'm a member of a couple of bike forums so can do the basics. Anyway i'm having trouble with downloading a map on my garmin Rolling Eyes mates coming round tomorrow to help then i'll get started here. Where's the best place to ask questions??? and thanks again for the help.

Dave.
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to the dreaded todo list (or is a roundtoit ) list

Some upto date Ogg files in MPH amd KPH.

Maybe I have looked in the wrongplace, but there seems only to be on source of KPH oggs.

The number of camera types have increased and the oggs seem not to have caught up with the changes. and it would nice if "Warning school ahead" type warnings could be included as TT have seen to include other warnings that can only be "dinged and donged"

(I know I can make my own, but SHMBO has enough of my voice in the day, without the sat nav being me as well Rolling Eyes )

Just a thought

Rgds
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you are looking but we have a wide selection of MPH voice alerts:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/speed-camera-and-poi-voice-alerts.php

Yes some lack alerts for all the camera alerts but they were recorded by others long before and so there is little we can do about that.

As for the school warnings, sorry, ask TomTom!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: