Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v8-Android] CoPilot 8 Live for Android Reviewed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v8-Android] CoPilot 8 Live for Android Reviewed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got another update again. Wish they would tell you what for!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm we got our versions on mini-SD, I wonder if updates are still available via the Market for ours? <goes off to check>
darrenintheeast
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when does the LIVE servies for co-pilot start working ?

darren
timbouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used yesterday for the first time on a real run. Froze twice on me, had to reboot the phone again. Grrr

Anyone know what the update last night was for?

Just checked and its NOT the QWERTY keyboard Sad
Lifford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot for Android Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Brodit and Carcomm both have cradles for the HTC Hero.

Do you have any links? I've been Googling for a Brodit Hero active cradle for a couple of weeks without success.

I've not heard of Carcomm but would consider them.
foxdie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot for Android Reply with quote

owzat wrote:
Thanks Jason for an informative review. One question: how did you secure your Android unit (Hero or Magic?) to dashboard or did you not perhaps do so?
Tim

There are numerous cradles out there for the G1 (HTC Dream), Hero and Magic, I can't be biased by naming one over the other, but Google will light the way Smile

Mines just a cobbled together solution, a generic holder from Maplin that I've padded out with foam to secure my phone a little better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodit have passive and powered cradles for the HERO and G1, see here.
Lifford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only passive for the Hero at the moment, shame as an active is easier than scrabbling for the power cable.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#512038 Is an Active HERO cradle.
upspace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the latest build 444 can run in the background and still announce next turn instructions.

Don't want to miss an exit just because I am loading a new album.

What other Android can run in the bg?
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
#512038 Is an Active HERO cradle.

I went for the passive cradle because When I last looked it was the only one available. I wish I'd waited for the active one...
pr1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Only gripe fix Reply with quote

In the review he mention his only gripe was having to restart the application if you go back to the home screen. On My Htc G2 if you keep the home button pressed down you see the last 6 apps used. Pressing the co-pilot icon goes back the app where you left it, it even keeps updating in the background whilst your away.
JeKo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Maps are outdated (5yr +) Reply with quote

Hi,
I am using Copilot Live 8 on a HTC HD2 (windows mobile 6.5). I must say: I was stunned by the graphical interface and ease of use. I depend on a good navigation system so I have been using copilot for a few weeks. I have purchased the Europe-map license and I must say that I am surprised about all the positive reviews. Hasn't anyone noticed that the maps copilot uses, are way out of date? Streets aren't listed, routes are planned through streets that don't exist anymore..... I have had contact with the support desk and they say that the Navteq maps are updated once a year.

My opinion is: the looks are great, but the maps are far outdated compared to similar navigators as TomTom. Don't buy unless you take outdated maps for granted.
ripnetuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Do not buy for Milestone - horrible DRM and no support Reply with quote

DO NOT BUY. Their DRM is horrible - legit (£30) purchase wont activate on Milestone, says trial over.

They ignore support emails (2 sent and ignored for 2 weeks and counting...).

Phoned them up on an expensive 0871 number, and after being on hold for 10 mins, they said they would email me the 'solution', which didnt work.

Shame, because when it works the actual product is very good, but its killed by the DRM. Next step is to initiate a chargeback from my credit card. Error is "Activation Unsuccessful"

They have also deleted my post on facebook about it (after sending me a message to say they would be in touch, and not bothering).
EBGB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Why hide CoPilot's safety/reliability record? Reply with quote

I asked ALK how often the CoPilot failed (information that any user would want in order to know whether it is safe to rely upon the product or not). As a safety advisory to other CoPilot users, I posted ALK's response on Facebook that the failure rate of CoPilot ''is not available to customers''.

I promptly received this message from ALK: ''...having reviewed your comments on Facebook and with our own internal team, we believe the best course of action would be to provide you with a full refund on your purchase...''.

Since I haven't asked for a refund, ALK's message feels to me remarkably like being shown to the nearest exit for asking about CoPilot's safety record.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: