Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom unveils GO 7000 TRUCK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom unveils GO 7000 TRUCK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: TomTom unveils GO 7000 TRUCK Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comTomTom have unveiled a new PND designed for HGC and other large vehicle drivers.

The GO 7000 TRUCK, based upon the x30 design, provides all the standard features including TomTom Map Share system but adds the functionality HGV drivers require and allows them to make map corrections by adding or correcting road restrictions such as weight, width and height limits.

The GO 7000 comes pre-installed with weight, width and height restrictions for most major roads but the addition of Map Share support allows drivers to correct errors and add missing information to improve the data.

Route calculation on the GO 7000 also takes into account the special requirements of HGV and other large vehicles. Routes favour major roads, avoid sharp turns and reflect the lower vehicle speeds.

Drivers can avoid small roads and residential areas and route calculations take into account route restrictions based upon the vehicle profile entered by the driver including vehicle dimensions and weight.

Other features include full Text-To-Speech and Voice address input. Hands-free telephone support and the Help-Me menu also feature.

Fleet users can use the LINK 300 with a WEBFLEET subscription to connect the GO 7000 TRUCK to provide further features including the ability to receive destination addresses and orders, HD Traffic, business mileage reporting and other LIVE services. To receive these services you must have a WEBFLEET subscription and a TomTom LINK 300 installed.

The TomTom GO 7000 Truck is supplied with Western and Central Europe (42 countries) mapping and is available now through TomTom WORK distribution partners for £379.00 + VAT.

The latest Truck Navigations software is also available on SD card for fleet managers. This software supports TomTom WORK connected solutions inc GO x20 and x30 devices and costs £139.00 +VAT.

Height, width and weight restriction data is available on major and interconnecting roads in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.

For more information, go to www.tomtomwork.com

Last edited by Darren on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They announced the 7000 back on Sept. 2nd for the US. Odd they announced it here first.

Feature list for the US release includes:

Real-time traffic and intelligent routing - The GO 7000 presents users with up-to-the minute traffic speed and incident reports via TomTom Traffic. The device also features TomTom's proprietary IQ RoutesTM Technology, which calculates the most efficient route for any given time of day and day of week.

Time and order management - These features allow drivers to clock in and out throughout the day to demonstrate work hours, as well as send confirmation at each stage of an order from pick up to delivery.
Two-way communication - Drivers and dispatch can communicate via text messages.

Safer driving - TomTom's connected device is packed with numerous safety features such as hands-free car kit using Bluetooth technology, TomTom Help Me! emergency menu and text-to-speech technology.
Other LIVE services - Drivers receive automatic delivery of helpful real-time information including: TomTom Fuel Price Service for the most cost-effective fuel; Local Search powered by Google for a countless number of points of interest; and TomTom Weather for greater insight into weather conditions along one's route. The LIVE services subscription also includes QuickGPSfix for a faster satellite fix.

TomTom LINK 300 is the easy and reliable connection between the office and the workforce. It is easily installed into the vehicle due to its compact nature and connects the GO 7000 with the WEBFLEET interface
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7000 and 7000 TRUCK are two different devices.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time too, I'm sick of following trucks which are over height on the A322 out through Brookwood and the area around Woking & Farnham.

It affects be both ways in that if I'm driving a car they regularly get stuck at/under railway bridges. If I'm at work I have to wait for a bridge inspector to come along & examine the bridge before I can take my train over it. Evil or Very Mad
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The 7000 and 7000 TRUCK are two different devices.

Ahh! So it's not odd after all Not Worthy Thanks Darren! Smile
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
About time too, I'm sick of following trucks which are over height on the A322 out through Brookwood and the area around Woking & Farnham.

It affects be both ways in that if I'm driving a car they regularly get stuck at/under railway bridges. If I'm at work I have to wait for a bridge inspector to come along & examine the bridge before I can take my train over it. Evil or Very Mad

No device in the world will stop this, if they can't read a road sign then they won't be able to operate a Tomtom Wink

To old to die young.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They CAN operate a TomTom but CHOOSE not to read the roadsigns, or can't be bothered to find out the height of their vehicles Twisted Evil
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Go 7000 Truck Reply with quote

As a non-techie, I cannot understand why you have to buy yet another TomTom device - in this case the 7000 Truck - to get this really useful navigation info. Surely it's just the software and mapping.

As a large motorhome driver, I would be happy to pay for upgraded trucking maps. But having recently forked out for a Go 730, I'm not likely to buy yet another model.

You can tell the TomTom device to avoid tolls and/or motorways and say whether you're on a bicycle etc etc. Just give us the choice to tell it we're in a truck and to avoid narrow lanes, or low bridges.

Tim
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Go 7000 Truck Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
As a non-techie, I cannot understand why you have to buy yet another TomTom device - in this case the 7000 Truck - to get this really useful navigation info. Surely it's just the software and mapping.

I agree and perhaps in time we will see the TRUCK software released as an upgrade for other devices.

TomTom are treading carefully here and attacking the business market only initially (although anyone can buy them).

But I hope they recognise the potential market amongst caravanners and motorhome owners.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
They CAN operate a TomTom but CHOOSE not to read the roadsigns, or can't be bothered to find out the height of their vehicles Twisted Evil

They don't have to find out the height, by law it should be displayed in view of the driver I believe.

But we digress Wink

To old to die young.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 740 Live -- which is great -
and has several of the features mentioned
- hands free mobile phone
- voice control etc.
-- but as a caravaner would love the upgrade --
don't think I can afford - just yet - a new device..

Maurice
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the soft ware for the current 740 940 etc be upgraded -- any one found out yet???

Maurice

although it would frighten me to try to do the upgrade... Smile Smile
Milo9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can purchase an SD card that goes into the bottom of your tomtom unit. Give www.ttinterlink.com a call and they should point you in the right direction
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo9 wrote:
You can purchase an SD card that goes into the bottom of your tomtom unit. Give www.ttinterlink.com a call and they should point you in the right direction

I did look on the site and WOW -- it looked a wonderful "commercial" system and great for management of trucks and fitters etc..

But
I don't think you can use it -- with a 740 Live -- Tom-tom don't even recognise that the 740L has a micro SD slot -- and don't produce upgrade maps for it..

I couldn't find the "right direction" [needed my Tom-tom Very Happy Very Happy ]

Maurice
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre wrote:
Tom-tom don't even recognise that the 740L has a micro SD slot -- and don't produce upgrade maps for it..

Drifting OT here but TomTom most certainly do offer maps for all the x40's including the 940, see here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: