Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Faulty Medion Power Adaptor or GPS Mouse ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Faulty Medion Power Adaptor or GPS Mouse ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecrowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply. I've recently got hold of a S/H Rikaline receiver and can't wait to test it. I was thinking of getting TomTom 3 ( £ 120 on line ) as opposed to getting Navigon 4 ( £ 250 from Navigon ), but I've read that several people on these forums have had problems with TT3. As someone who has used both, is TT3 really that bad when compared to Navigon ?

PS - I hope all goes well in your quest, I too feel a little frustrated about getting a system up and running soon.
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not got that much experience with Tomtom3, but I didn't like the 'look' of the maps (either 2D or 3D) , in comparison with Navigon 3.1 (as supplied with the Medion PDA), although the later version of Navigon (4) looks much more like TomTom3 than Navigon 3.1 !

Also, entering destinations for route planning in TomTom 3 and Navigon 4 seems to be much more complex than in Navigon 3.1.

I'm sure it would have advantages for some people, but if you're just trying to plan a route from A to B, or from your present position to somewhere, it seems far more complicated than it should be !

I suppose it all comes down to personal taste (or perhaps I should have read the manual !)!

Philip
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigation Software Reply with quote

philip4242 wrote:
Dave,

I currently have 'trial' versions of TomTom Navigator 3, Destinator 3 and Navigon 4 available, but I've only briefly had the chance to play with the first 2, as the Haicom GPS mouse I'd bought died, part way through a journey !

How on earth do you get 'Trial' versions? As I've had problems entereign destintions with several of the packages, I am reluctant to pay for another unless I can test it (even for one day, and I don't need to actually run it in the car). Everyone I've spoken to said I couldn't do that!

If you knwo of a way I would be SOOOOOOOOOOO grateful (specifically looking at NAvigon MBNEE 4 and Tom Tom).
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the end in sight ? Reply with quote

Well, after a frustrating 2 weeks since I packaged up my second suspect GPS mouse and power cable and sent them off to Medion; and just having got together my notes, etc, so I could ring them today to ask what was happening ...

What does the postman bring this morning ? - Correct ! - A replacement GPS mouse and power cable !!

The 2 items in the package each had their own packing note, but there was not compliments slip or explanatory note.

So I don't know if this is 2 new items, or 1 returned item and 1 new item, or 2 repaired items, or any other combination of returned, repaired and new !

Nor do I know if the items have been tested (as I specifically requested, and I was told that they would be).

Also, I've heard nothing more about Medion refunding my return postage costs - even though I was told 2 weeks ago that they would be sending a cheque to reinburse me for the first package I returned 'shortly' !

I suppose I ought to be grateful for what I've got, and get on with testing things - which I will be doing this evening.

Hopefully I'll be able to report a fully working system !

Philip

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: