Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom bluetooth car charger
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom bluetooth car charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalbullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: tomtom bluetooth car charger Reply with quote

Im not sure if this has already been posted but I found a website that sells a car charger for the bluetooth receiver:

http://www.affordable-pc-repairs.com/Bluetooth_receiver_car_charger4033.htm

the website is www.buybits.com
timbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Thats great but...... Reply with quote

Well I found that the car charger I got for my IPAQ charges the BT GPS from tomtom as well. What I want is a car charger that charges both IPAQ and BT GPS unit at the same time!

Tomtom do not sell the car cigarette lighter charger sepperately which is a pain. Evil or Very Mad

They seem to be interested in selling expensive car kits!- I bought "the clip" vent mount- I find it ideal and inexpensive. Don't get me wrong- the tomtom Nav 3 with bluetooth is great and with CheckPOInt its really rocks. Trouble is when you dont have a charger for both PDA and GPS unit on long journeys you are really snookered!

The stupid thing is that tomtom do give you a Mains charger for the unit and a lead to plug into their special cigarette lghter. I dont think charging a further £50 for a holder/car kit to allow you to power both PDA and BT Unit at the same time is the right way to go!

If I had known I would have got a wired GPS unit! Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know a place that sells a car cigarette charger where you can charge both IPAQ and GPS unit at the same time without throwing away 80% of a tomtom car kit?!
timbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Thats great but...... Reply with quote

timbo wrote:
Well I found that the car charger I got for my IPAQ charges the BT GPS from tomtom as well. What I want is a car charger that charges both IPAQ and BT GPS unit at the same time!

Tomtom do not sell the car cigarette lighter charger sepperately which is a pain. Evil or Very Mad

They seem to be interested in selling expensive car kits!- I bought "the clip" vent mount- I find it ideal and inexpensive. Don't get me wrong- the tomtom Nav 3 with bluetooth is great and with CheckPOInt its really rocks. Trouble is when you dont have a charger for both PDA and GPS unit on long journeys you are really snookered!

The stupid thing is that tomtom do give you a Mains charger for the unit and a lead to plug into their special cigarette lghter. I dont think charging a further £50 for a holder/car kit to allow you to power both PDA and BT Unit at the same time is the right way to go!

If I had known I would have got a wired GPS unit! Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know a place that sells a car cigarette charger where you can charge both IPAQ and GPS unit at the same time without throwing away 80% of a tomtom car kit?!

Ah ha!

Well http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=122 gives you the charger- although for an extra £20 you can get all the holder gubbins
pug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brought some cables from PC-Mobile, who I must say have been very impressive. They answer emails within hours and I ordered the stuff Wednesday 12.00 and it was delivered 8.30 Thursday morning.

I brought the following

CKUC - USB Charger and 5v car adapter to power the 4150 via its Jack Adapter
PPY2 DC Power Y Cable to allow me to power the TomTom BT Receiver at the same time as IPAQ

Paid in Dollars as well, so good prices.

Steve
pug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brought some cables from PC-Mobile, who I must say have been very impressive. They answer emails within hours and I ordered the stuff Wednesday 12.00 and it was delivered 8.30 Thursday morning.

I brought the following

CKUC - USB Charger and 5v car adapter to power the 4150 via its Jack Adapter
PPY2 DC Power Y Cable to allow me to power the TomTom BT Receiver at the same time as IPAQ

Paid in Dollars as well, so good prices.

Steve
timbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Many thanks- just what I wanted! Reply with quote

Paid in Dollars as well, so good prices.......

Excellent Steve, many thanks- this is just what I wanted! I got the clip from "theclip.com" excellent little vent mounted unit cheap and well made and I already had a cigarette lighter charger. This PPY2 Power Y cable is exactly what I wanted! :D A much cheaper alternative to tomtom kit! £20 all in!

PPY2 Power Y cable from http://pc-mobile.net/rsgps.htm
the Clip from http://www.theclip.com/Vent_Mount_p_16152.html

The all you need is a cigarette lighter charger for your pocket pc.

Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: