Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW MAPS FOR TOM TOM (18 MAY)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MAPS FOR TOM TOM (18 MAY)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: NEW MAPS FOR TOM TOM (18 MAY) Reply with quote

either there is something wrong with my tomtom or there is a new update out today Wink . had a quick look but can't see any differences as yet
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been offered a new version of W&C Europe for the 940 but I am not sure on the version as it is trying to download it as I write.
BarryUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am downloading it now too. I guess we're all killing the TomTom bandwidth at the moment. It's for my 940 and seems to be just over 2GB, whild the last one was a little over 1.8, so I'm guessing there's more detail, instead of having the 'curves' removed.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Home has just offered me:
Western and Central Europe 2GB, V830.2305, which is 1796 MB

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
mikemga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: TT 530 - New Map for UK & I Reply with quote

Just updated my TT530 via TT Home for version 830.2305

All OK updated device with no problems.

mikemga Very Happy
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just backing up before doing an update on my TT One V3 to the UK & ROI map v830.2306.

Wonder how many corrections I'm gonna have to make in the FIRST day this time.... ? ?? Rolling Eyes

-edit-

Update done, let's see what it comes up with for the street my parents live on.....

WRONG....

10 mins with the NEW map, and i've already made 15 corrections in my local area.... Evil or Very Mad

ALL of which I have submitted to TeleAtlas over the past 3 years...

[/b]

Last edited by Stampy72 on Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Yet another update Missing Jnc 29A on the M1

Thats been open 18 months now,

Not exactly a minor road the M1. If you cannot get a junction in 18 months. Jeez!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One nice surprise. I expected to have to re-do the three roundabouts I'd added to the previous map and submitted via Mapshare, but when I tried it said the roundabouts had already been added by Mapshare members, so it looks as if the corrections are being carried forward to the new maps.
Samsung Galaxy S21
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
One nice surprise. I expected to have to re-do the three roundabouts I'd added to the previous map and submitted via Mapshare, but when I tried it said the roundabouts had already been added by Mapshare members, so it looks as if the corrections are being carried forward to the new maps.

Are you sure it is not your own locally stored map share corrections carried forward? These are not stored in the map folder but the root directory in userpatch.dat and sometimes I have lost them before on an map version upgrade and other times not. They way to tell is the size of the file, if it is around 1-2KB it may be new or nearly empty, if it is substantially larger than this is has been carried across.

My C&WE Europe map seems very slow and I am watching the time to complete slowly rising when I would hope it would be getting shorter.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My download of W&CE v830 "Unsimplified 2061.3MB" started an hour and a half ago. The download thermometer shows just about a quarter done and estimated time remaining at over 4 hours (but then it's been showing anything from 2 to 5 hours so far - normal for TT map downloads). According to the meter on my router, it's coming down my "up to 20Mb" broadband at an average around 700Kbps! I'm downloading it to SDHC card in my card reader, not in the 920T, so I shall not be stuck with going out with less than my full complement of satnavs if I get a call today. At least we should be grateful TT have issued it on a Monday this time, instead of my forecast of the coming Bank Holiday Friday!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:

They way to tell is the size of the file, if it is around 1-2KB it may be new or nearly empty, if it is substantially larger than this is has been carried across.

Ah, that may be it as UserPatch.dat is 5KB. I hadn't found my corrections carried forward before, but I don't think I'd made any for the last few maps so I wouldn't have noticed if TT had improved the procedure on later versions.
Samsung Galaxy S21
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the Aldgate gyratory is still there? It's my pet peeve. Not buying a map and losing my own changes until they sort that one out :-p

Basically, if you search for Aldgate East tube station, the stretch of Whitechapel High St in front of it, is it still one way (Eastbound)?

Would very much appreciate an answer to this, thanks!
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pEst_29 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Aldgate gyratory is still there? It's my pet peeve. Not buying a map and losing my own changes until they sort that one out :-p

Basically, if you search for Aldgate East tube station, the stretch of Whitechapel High St in front of it, is it still one way (Eastbound)?

Yes it is still one way (Eastbound) Outside Aldgate East on the New WCE 830
Palm0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Not enough internal memory to install v8.30 Reply with quote

I have just tried to install the new v8.30 map (Western & Central Europe 2GB) but am finding I don't have enough available internal memory on my 720?

Is the new map much larger than v8.25? I have tried deleting things i.e. unneeded voices, cursors etc. but can't see anything else I can delete to gain enough space. I don't have any other non essential software installed.

Looking at my 720 as a drive on my computer it appears as follows (with map v8.25 removed):

Capacity = 1.91GB
Used = 175 MB
Free = 1.73 GB
New Map = 1.79 GB (1796.2 MB to be exact)

Any suggestions - anyone else having this problem?

Update:
Western & Central Europe_2GB
Map v8.15 = 1719.0MB
Map v8.25 = 1774.1MB
Map v8.30 = 1796.2MB

So the maps are getting much bigger each time - so how do I get this to fit on my device - this is really annoying as I am subscribing to the Map Upgrade Scheme and was recommended by TomTom to upgrade from the standard Western European to Western & Central Europe!

I do actually have a 4GB Memory Card but am running a different 'backed up' Navcore & Map Version which I know to be stable as a fallback.

Any Advice?
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
pEst_29 wrote:

Yes it is still one way (Eastbound) Outside Aldgate East on the New WCE 830

Thanks flashy! I had suspected that would be the case, as in Google maps is also still wrong. No £££ for TomTom then! Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: