Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with the Route Planner - not opening routes?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with the Route Planner - not opening routes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soldado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Problem with the Route Planner - not opening routes? Reply with quote

Hi,

A route I did last weekend won't open in the Route Planner, I get this message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=6.1:126

with the option to 'Stop script' or 'Continue'

I've tried clicking each with no effect, it just keeps going around in circles and has been for an hour or more and tends to tie-up the pc whilst doing so, I've tried deleting the route and saving it again, opens ok in the Satmap unit, open ok in Google earth, other saved routes open ok. It shows the profile but I have no map just a blank screen with that message. I've contacted Satmap but will probably be a few days til they can respond so anyone got any ideas?

Confused

Oh, and when I did a preview of this I noticed the message has a link in it which doesn't really go anywhere or mean anything to me? Confused
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly how many waypoints had you recorded in the route?

The planner seems to have problems with large numbers but I have not come across one created in route planner failing in this way before.
Satsync 1.525
Soldado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LostMike,

The route wasn't created in the route planner, just recorded on the active 10 itself, but the file info I have is:

active 10 internal files:
All_Raw_Tracks.gpx 2,607 KB
L2B Raw.gpx 2,549 KB
L2B.map 101 KB
Track.gpx 1 KB

the L2B is the file I'm trying to open, it's the only route on there as I cleared any others

The exported L2B.map file come out as: L2B.gpx and 178 KB

When I upload it to the route planner into my saved routes it comes out as:

Name L2B
Waypoints 833
Length 58.9mi
Time 14h44

The only odd thing is the time of 14h44, it was recorded last sunday from about 10am to 6pm so should be about 8 hours?

Going to try to open it again this morning.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have never managed to get a route recorded on the A10 to open on the route planner. The files are just too big for it.

You can load them onto route share but you can't edit them.

I think it is a shame and have said to to Satmap but they may find it not cost justified to power up the site enough. As it says it is a "route planner" and if you start with a blank piece of paper (so to speak) and input waypoints to create a route then I think you will find it works - mainly because you are unlikely to input more than about 40.
Satsync 1.525
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had a lot of problems with this some time ago, look at the thread 'route planner file size'. Satmap told me that the route planner can deal with more than 200 WPs and they were working on iy. Basically I gave up until they correct it.

John
Soldado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work ! Shocked

Opened the file in route planner but I still got the 'unresponsive script error' boxes popping up again - as in my first post - and the options of 'stop script' or 'continue' clicked 'continue' as I had before but got the error box popping up again, clicked continue again, box popped back up again, but then I noticed that the last part of the message, the numbers 'Script: http . . . . . . =6.1:126' was changing everytime it popped up, so the next error box had something like =180 and then =4.144, so I kept clicking the continue button each time and eventually it opened up.

Can't see any obvious errors in the route? Confused

Phew! So now I want to edit it as the end part of the route was in a car for about 10 miles as I forgot to turn the satmap off so have a few waypoints to delete, which will lead me to another question/post ...
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldado,
I have a small routine, still very rough, that will compact Satmap exported files by removing points named "WP", i.e. 2 out of 3 points. This works out on a walking route at about 140yds between points.

If this is any use please PM me your email and I'll send you the executable jar. The program uses Java runtime which is probably already installed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: