Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Survey
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Survey Reply with quote

Well I got my first survey to complete since joining the TelMap User Group back in November. Shame all they wanted to know is why I hadn't used TelMap recently.
I gave them my reasons for not using TelMap and have also asked about the new version 5 software they are plugging on the website.

Has anyone else in the user group received any similar surveys etc?
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I got a survey link to complete, overall too long to download rerouting on the fly, sometimes the software would just lock up, the up/down arrows in address lists too small for Touch HD and no finger scrolling, unable to import my POI files (work, personal & pwgps speed cameras), volume too low, not enough detail at junctions.

Customer Support was very good, unlike some companies that could be mentioned. Looking for something with the flexibility of TTN7 for settings/imports and the ease of transfer from PPC to PPC of CoPilot.

Gone back to CoPilot v7 for now (new Touch HD version), looking at Navmii (14 day trial - not much in the way of features yet) and registered with Sygic today hoping to trial there new PPC software.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a second one which sounds like the survey you received asking about usage and general usability of the product.

Personally I will continue to keep using McGuider as my primary satnav, and have also asked Sygic for a demo/review copy of the new version. Will be interesting to see what has changed between Sygic Drive 7.7 (McGuider 2009) and Sygic Drive 2009. Will have to see what they send me as unfortunately the info email address they list on the site was returned unknown so I sent to support instead.

I have tried NavMii but as you say it is still too lacking in features to be a real contender at present. It does have a promising future if they can keep up the development though.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the survey e-mail a few days ago and responded with generally favourable remarks. The only downside for me is that I am using it on a Nokia N82 and the screen is so small as to make it difficult to read anything when driving.

The voice prompts are pretty good and they have quite a lot of the type of POIs I would use, but again, the size of the buttons on the N82 make it almost impossible to work. It's OK when walking and the 'Walk To' is reasonable.

I said that it was really the device that stopped me using it more, rather than the application.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: