Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fabulous new Garmin map of Greece
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fabulous new Garmin map of Greece

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rally_champ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Fabulous new Garmin map of Greece Reply with quote

I have just upgraded my Europe maps on my new Garmin nuvi 770 from:
City Navigator Europe NT Deluxe Unlock 2008 to
City Navigator Europe NT 2009.10, Deluxe All Regions WW, Jan 09

and can report a HUGE improvement in the coverage of Greece.

The 2008 map only had detailed coverage of Attiki province (equivalent to Greater London) and the rest of the country was "main road coverage only" (and they are as sparse as in the highlands of Scotland).

Now the 2009 maps seem to have every little village and single track road in most of the country (from my 10 minute glance through). (The province in the far north-west up by the Albanian border seems not to have many small roads showing, at first glance, but maybe they just don't have many).

So this is a huge, long awaited and most welcome improvement for all the many holiday makers who drive with their Garmins in Greece.

Incidentally, the 2009 map download seems much more detailed than the detailed interactive map available in the City Navigator Europe map section of the Garmin website.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: