Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ala_fred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: new Route Planner Reply with quote

I am having trouble logging on to the route planner as I mis spelt my email address when I reg the satmap . I have emailed then twice but have not had a reply does any one know if their is a problem with there email system at the Crying or Very sad moment.

PS thank for all the info I have got from this forum over the last 2 months
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are replying to your mis-spelt email address Confused ? Give them a ring.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would be annoyed with it as you probably are but if its gets you onto the route planner for a look then log on using the mis spelt address and serial number. If you can remember where you went wrong!

John
ala_fred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: correct email address Reply with quote

HI

I have informed them of the correct address on both my emails . I will give them till Monday to reply before I call . Sad

At the moment I can not log on to there system what ever I try

Alastair
djhpk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation Reply with quote

I, too, had problems registering with the feature access page. I kept getting told that there is no record of my email address / serial number despite the fact that I registered my A10 in 2007 and have been getting customer update emails.

I found that I had made an error with my serial number at the time of the original product registration. But, even using this invalid serial number with my default browser, Firefox 3.0.6 under XP, I got the same error message.

I then tried with IE7 and, lo and behold, got through to the Terms & Conditions page with a note that my serial number is invalid.

I then re-registered the A10 with the correct serial number but still could not get through to the feature access page with Firefox. But was successful with IE7!!

Now I can happily use the route planner from Firefox!!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David have you e-mailed this detail to SatMap? if not please do so as this is one of the reasons the release is being Beta tested, there is no way of knowing if SatMap are actually monitoring this thread to pick up all issues - Mike
djhpk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation Reply with quote

Am currently putting an email together with the above and other comments.
djhpk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation Reply with quote

In a moment of idle curiosity, I put the name "Kandersteg" into the route planner search box and found that it was recognised.

On zooming in I found myself looking at a Swiss "OS" map - brilliant!!
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I'm Going to Fuertenentura next week. Using the route planner I set a route around Correleja, quite happily down the streets to the harbour arond the town and back to the hotel. Of course once I loaded this onto the active 10 it quite nicely shows this as a route but on a blank page. To be expected. But I think I should still be able to follow the route even though it will not show any detail. Bit of fun. I'll let you know how it works out!

John
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Content deleted by 4ndynorfolk. Wrong thread.
Activator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody help me out with this problem....I am going to the Lakes in a couple of days, so I have just been on route share and found that a walk for the Fairfield horseshoe is on there. I clicked on the link to download the file and saved it to my desktop, ( as a gpx file). I then imported it to my Satmap useing satsync. I got the, ' your file as been converted, successfully' message, restarted the Satmap, but the file wasn't in the routes menu.
Can anyone else download this file or is it just me.
Thanks in advance.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activator wrote:
Can anybody help me out with this problem....I am going to the Lakes in a couple of days, so I have just been on route share and found that a walk for the Fairfield horseshoe is on there. I clicked on the link to download the file and saved it to my desktop, ( as a gpx file). I then imported it to my Satmap useing satsync. I got the, ' your file as been converted, successfully' message, restarted the Satmap, but the file wasn't in the routes menu.
Thanks in advance.

Have another look. The title of the file is not the title which shows on the Satmap. This can cause difficulty in findiing the route.
Activator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
Activator wrote:
Thanks in advance.

Have another look. The title of the file is not the title which shows on the Satmap. This can cause difficulty in findiing the route.

Nope, definately not in the routes menu, just tried it all again and it still didn't work, yet when I plug it back in and open satsync, it shows up on the internal memory as 'Fairfield horseshoe route.map'
I'm confused(it doesn't take much, though).
djhpk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation Reply with quote

Activator:

The file that you picked up may not be a route file!

If its contents are a set of waypoints, it may have been imported as a new POI category.

Try looking at your POIs there may be a new category there, possibly unnamed, with your information in it.[/b]
Activator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invita Reply with quote

djhpk wrote:
Activator:

The file that you picked up may not be a route file!

If its contents are a set of waypoints, it may have been imported as a new POI category.

Try looking at your POIs there may be a new category there, possibly unnamed, with your information in it.[/b]

Aah! Your right, thanks for that. I just presumed, that with it saying, 'Download this route', I would actually be downloading the route. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: