Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicka7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all again.

Thanks for all your input.

David. The problem was happening with all the different routes I plotted and tried to save, not specifically to one route/file.

However I think I have solved the problem. I tried using Firefox v2 rather than IE v6 and low and behold it downloaded and saved as a gpx file and imported correctly via Satsync onto my A10.

Going back to IE, I found that if I typed .gpx at the end of the file name i.e ‘Route_Title.gpx ’ and changed the save as type selection to ‘all files’ the file was saved to desktop as a gpx file which I could then import to my A10.

Nick Smile
HJC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Mac user and SatMap owner since Nov 2007, I feel as though I am an observer for until the A10 is 'seen' by the Mac the reported hiccups with Satsync remain an enigma.
However I have played with the Route Planner using Safari, all seems to work well and the downloaded Route_Title,gpx file opens up instantly in “RouteBuddy” (a Mac mapping programme) and then straight into my Garmin Nuvi, Unfortunately having a cross country route on a Car satnav has its limitations.Wink
This is overcome by putting GB topo on an SD card in the Nuvi, voila I now have a large screen contoured GB map, Very Happy
But not OS, so in the meantime I wait patiently for the SatSyncMac? afterall it was promised12 months ago. Mad
Yes I know I could get it to work using Bootcamp etc, but that means buying Windows (version I know not what)
Heyho Confused
Soldado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, couple of questions ...

When I transfer a planned route from the Route Planner to the Active 10, the profile does not show on the unit but it can be seen on the Route Planner, on the Active 10 it just has a straight flat profile? I have the unit set on 'Altitude from Maps' but have also tried 'Altitude from GPS' but it still shows no profile ... is this normal, no problems saving or transfering routes that I know of or am I missing something?

and

I tried to upload a route to the Route Share Network but it does not show up, filled in all the required fields and hit submit, I got a message that said it had uploaded successfully but there was a 'syntax error on line ...' and it displayed half a line from my description - surely this would not cause a problem as it's just saying it doesn't like the way I've constructed my sentence?? Tried to upload it 2 times and just got the same results, this was last night so wondered if it needs to be checked before being available so looked this morning and still not there? or am I missing something??

Thanks

Also, anyone else noticed that on the UK Counties Map on the Route Share, East And West Sussex are around the wrong way? ... I informed Satmap last weekend but they've not changed it yet. Smile
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike777 wrote:
Does this application has the option to follow the road when plotting a route ?mike
I don't believe so. The A10 doesn't have such a function so apart from making it a little easier to compose routes, there wouldn't be much point.

In fact, for me, a method which would enable me to compose a "follow roads" route in something like Mapsource or Bikely.com and then convert it into a detailed track (rather than just a series of waypoints where I placed the route markers) would be a godsend.
terry8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick....I think you have sorted out my problem of downloading. I have come to the conclusion that the new route planner does not like Firefox. I have now tried downloading a route on both Safari and IE and have had no problems with either.

Terry
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just tried my first test route. Created it on the route planner, named it, downloaded it, saved it to my desktop, transfered it to the active 10. But although appearing on Satsync, cant find it on active 10.

Any ideas?

John
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, worked it out. To switch off the active 10 you need to disconnect it from the USB cable, press the off switch, confirm off and restart and there it is, great.

John
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you plan a route without the active 10 connect to PC. I would like to plan and save route for example at work.

Is that possible ?
Thanks

Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily plan routes using the device, this is one of the easiest devices to pre-plan routes on, just use the Routes Menu/ Create new Route and then use the cursor control to position each way point - Mike
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you DO want to do it on the PC first, this beta planner doesn't need the Active 10 connected for the planning. You can save routes and then download later.
PreshawPete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Time? Reply with quote

What is the time zone of this blog? It's 15.30 GMT on Thursday 19th Feb in UK
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand the question Pete? - if the forum page is displaying the wrong time for your post go to your profile page and adjust the local time zone - Mike
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
But if you DO want to do it on the PC first, this beta planner doesn't need the Active 10 connected for the planning. You can save routes and then download later.

I am using the wrong application SatSYNC because when I open it the first thing it does is ask me for my email address and Active 10 serial number : then it goes to a screen which asks me to connect the active 10.

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Mike
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mike777, don't quite follow about the 'wrong' application, Satsync - the planner itself doesn't require Satsync for route planning until (presumably) you come to the actual downloads. I can well understand that Satsync itself expects the device to be connected!

Anyway, either you've sorted it now, or I'm still barking up the wrong tree Rolling Eyes
sobbomapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the new Route Planner using FireFox 3.0.6 on Ubuntu 8.04.

All seemed to work OK, and a planned route was correctly saved with the .gpx extension.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: