Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom ONE version numbers help....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom ONE version numbers help....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom ONE version numbers help.... Reply with quote

I'm just trying to clear up the different version numbers that TT use for the normal ONE (Not XL)

I know the origianl chunky one is the Version ONE.

After that it gets confusing.

My TT one says on screen with all the map and app version numbers in Bold at the top left of the screen..

ONE V4

But I have now been informed that version V4 is a newer model than mine even though mine says V4 !!!!!!

If it helps mine has the bluetooth connectivity for traffic.

Help, Confused of Derbyshire....

Phil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could answer your query! The whole number / model designation WRT to the ONE range has become a nightmare!
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your 'ONE' has bluetooth then this is the v2(hand logo on the front), the 3rd edition(all silver with the word 'tomtom' on the front) had no bluetooth and no SD slot. V4 is the one for sale now with the built-in circular holder.

v2

3rd

v4

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Portman, the picture of the One v4 you have used seems a little odd to me, why does the screen indicate a handsfree call is in progress?? - I didn't think this device had Bluetooth or handsfree capability - Mike
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, your right, not sure why it shows that?! The pic comes off the handtec site.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the "V" numbers, is that what the retailers call things is totally at odds with what the machines call themselves. Probably TomTom's marketing department haven't talked to the engineering departments either and have perpetuated the errors.

Here's a list (with thanks to "Oldboy" for filling in my gaps!)

See my post below (8th Feb) for the list...

Between us, Oldboy and I have been trying to compile and keep a list of all the various "One" models. Using the "4N00..." number on the base is the best identifier.

Here's what I know so far:

TomTom One Original/First Edition: 4N00.001 / 4N00.003
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition": 4N00.004.2 (SD card only, no internal flash. SiRF Star III chip. Recognized as ONE v3 in the HOME device information.

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition" (Regional): 4N00.012 , (SD card only, no internal flash. Hammerhead chipset. Serial # Z3xxxxxxxxxx

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition" (Europe): 4N00.005 - 1GB internal memory plus SD card slot, Western Europe and Canary Islands maps (v6.75, Teleatlas), Bluetooth, Summer bundle orange box (the device is in separate green box), bundled with carrying case and 30-day traffic info. Recognized as ONE v4 in the HOME device information.

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition"/"LE" (USA): 4N00.005 - Same as above? 1GB internal memory plus SD card slot, Bluetooth, no RDS-TMC. Recognized as ONE v4 in the HOME device information. The name "LE" seems only to have been used in the US.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom One "Third Edition" (Orange Box, Christmas 2007): 4N01.000
TomTom One "Third Edition" (Regional) UK and Southern Ireland 512MB (Orange Box): 4N01.001
TomTom One "Third Edition": 4M01.002 (unknown, picture on TT website)
TomTom One XL (regional, with no flash memory) Supplied with UK and Eire on a 240MB SD card: 4S00.006
TomTom One XL (regional, with 512mb built-in memory. and SD card slot. GB map installed): 4S00.007
TomTom One XL (Europe, with SD card slot and ??? internal memory: 4S00.000
TomTom One XL (New Zealand): 4S00.007
Latest models with "easyport" mounts (referred to by TomTom's own website as BOTH the "30 series" or"22" models).

TomTom One "30 series" or"22" - Both Western Europe and UK models - 4EE0.001.00

TomTom XL "30 series" or "22" - MODEL NUMBER REQUIRED PLEASE

Both these models have internal memory ONLY - No SD card slot.

But in the US those same models are called:

TomTom One "130" and
TomTom XL "330"

and there are also text to speech versions in the US:
TomTom One XL.S - the older version
TomTom One 130.S
TomTom XL.330.S
- MODEL NUMBERS REQUIRED FOR ALL OF THESE PLEASE

Any additions gratefully received!

As for the hands-free picture, there were some very odd variants released in the US (with TTS for example). Maybe this was another short-lived experiment there?

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed May 06, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a rumour here in NA that TomTom will release for Christmas to the US only a 125 which supposedly is a 'dummied down' 130 but with just a US map, no Canada.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
TomTom One "30 series" or"22" - Western Europe model (purchased in Belgium) 4EE0.001.00 - same for UK??

I have just purchased a new ONE v4 in the UK

Shows: 4EE0.001.00 (under the bar-code)

Also on the bottom of the unit is:

N14644
Canada 310

And of course: Made in China
Leofly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help me too

Today I bought tomtom one N14644 etc (Canada 310 on the bottom, exactly as Pocketgps described) and it indeed resembles v4 but it is not equipped with Bluetooth and CD card.
So, what could it be? And what particular GPS chip inside? SiRF or Hammerhead?

I was sure it’s SiRF but looking at satellite info I feel some disappointment... Smile
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leofly wrote:
Please help me too

Today I bought tomtom one N14644 etc (Canada 310 on the bottom, exactly as Pocketgps described) and it indeed resembles v4 but it is not equipped with Bluetooth and CD card.
So, what could it be? And what particular GPS chip inside? SiRF or Hammerhead?

I was sure it’s SiRF but looking at satellite info I feel some disappointment... Smile

The ONE v4 does NOT have Bluetooth or an SD card slot (internal memory only - 1GB for UK map version or 2GB for UK and Euro map version).
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "v" numbers in the long list I posted back in November are the numbers TT Home refer to the models by.

As the retailers have continued to use the different numbering system, here's an updated list:

Remember, these "v's" are the numbers TomTom refer to them by technically (and what Home calls them)...

v1 = Original "One" (UK retailers call these "V1")
v2 = never released
v3 = the One "New Edition" (now called by TomTom the "Second Edition") (UK retailers call these "V2")
v4 - The first with GL Hammerhead GPS chipset, flash memory and SD card slot , Bluetooth, but no RDS-TMC connection, but it was very short lived - possibly only available in the US.
v5 = Original One XL
v6 = One Third Edition Europe unit (UK retailers call these "V3")
v7 = One Third Edition Regional unit (UK retailers call these "V3")
v8 = One New version with fold away mount (UK retailers call these "V4")
v9 = XL New version with fold away mount (note it's no longer called the "One XL", just the "XL")

(v1 to v5 have Bluetooth (for data transmission only, not handsfree), v6 and above have NO Bluetooth an NO SD card slot)

For a fuller list along with the actual model ID numbers see the link below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Leofly, I don't recognise the number "N14644 etc" you mention, could you check again for a number looking more like 4N00.001 or 4EG0.001.00.

I've made a list of known hardware model numbers and names, which should help HERE
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note "One (Vx)" where x is a number is the version number that TomTom Home software will identify the device as, this is not necessarily the version numbers used by TomTom or their retailers.

One (V1) HERE
Original One

Front

Back

Base

=============================================================
One (V2)
Never existed
One (V3) HERE
Credit and thanks to to "ben_e71" for the information and pictures.
SD card only no internal flash memory and has Bluetooth for connection to a mobile phone for data via GPRS only.

Box

Front

One (V4) Credit and thanks to to "Kar98" for the information and pictures.
SD card slot and 1GB of internal memory

Front

Back

Base

One (V5) HERE
Original One XL
Four different versions of this device were introduced:
European with 1GB of flash memory, an SD card slot and RDS-TMC connection point. Bluetooth for connection to a mobile phone for data via GPRS only.

Regional with 512MB of flash memory, an SD card slot and RDS-TMC connection point. Bluetooth for connection to a mobile phone for data via GPRS only.

Regional with no internal flash memory fitted with an SD card and RDS-TMC connection point. Bluetooth for connection to a mobile phone for data via GPRS only.

An American market version was also produced which used the excellent Text To Speech system only seen on the higher end Go x10, x20, x30 and x40 devices, this was known as the One XLS

Front

Back

Base

One (V6) HERE and HERE
One Third Edition Europe model
1GB of flash memory, no SD card slot, no Bluetooth, RDS-TMC connection point. Reduced functionality of menu system, no Itinerary planning mode.

Front

Back

Base

[b]=============================================================

One (V7) HERE and HERE
One Third Edition Regional Model
512MB of flash memory, no SD card slot, no Bluetooth, RDS-TMC connection point. Reduced functionality of menu system, no Itinerary planning mode.

Front

Back

Base

One (V8) HERE
New One with fold away mount and larger speaker Note no memory card slot, this device is fitted with non expandable flash memory, for RDS-TMC you require the Mini USB style receiver.

Front

Back

Base

One (V9) HERE
New XL with fold away mount and larger speaker Note no memory card slot, this device is fitted with non expandable flash memory, for RDS-TMC you require the Mini USB style receiver.

Front

Back

Base

Edit Once - Mike Alder to remove the One from the the v9, and to add a note detailing what and where the v numbers come from (Thanks for the suggestion Andy)
Edit Second to add One v8/ v9 pictures (Thanks Darren)

Last edited by mikealder on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I still need some additional pictures to complete this list, if anyone can help with the v8/ v9 units it would complete the list for the time being

Mike, I've got both of them, I'll grab the images this afternoon.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try and sort out the other images that have gone AWOL since I started to put this together a while ago, you never know users might finally be able to work out which One they have got! - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture's worth a thousand words Very Happy

Can I just suggest you emphasise that the "V" numbers you are using are NOT what the UK retailers call them, but how TT "Home" refers to them when you connect the machine to the PC (and as you know TT themselves tend not to use the "v" numbers at all in their advertising or customer support literature).

In my list above and in all my posts, I've used small "v" for the Home IDs and big "V" for the retailers... not perfect by any means, but one small step. Wink

BTW... You've let a spurious "One" creep in at the end. The latest "XL" model is just that.... no "one" in the name at all.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: