Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom x40 fuel voucher offer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom x40 fuel voucher offer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear,

It's a standard Chip and Pin PrePaid Visa, you can use it on anything NOT Just FUEL

Used mine this morning in Tesco to buy a cheap SatNav for a friend it was discontinued and at £29.97 so could not resist having TomTom pay for a rivals device!
pee-jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: PO Box Reply with quote

I posted my free fuel application recorded delivery on Saturday (a week tomorrow) and it still hasn't been signed for. Either the royal mail have lost the letter, or the PO Box hasn't been emptied for a week (as I gather that recorded letters to PO boxes are signed for in bulk when the box is emptied). Anyone else in the same boat?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recorded delivery is probably a waste of money as often letters are just delivered in bulk sometimes without waiting for a signature and there is no guaranteed delivery timescale. It offers no more compensation that the free proof of posting service and often no real proof that it was delivered. If a item is really important only SD tracks it.

Anyway I would not start worrying unless you have not received your fuel card within 28 days which is TomToms claimed turnaround.

I have still not got mine yet.
mikero
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my application on 29th December 2008 using "First Class Signed For" service and it arrived at the address on 5th January 2009.
I received my card today and now I await my PIN needed to use the card.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are worried drop them an email to the email address in the FAQs on the fuel promotion site,

I did when mine was overdue and I got very quick and professional replies from a lady who was able to track my order once I gave her the code number (Kept a copy of it), card arrived a few days later,

So would give that a try,
SpookyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine turned up this morning. It's a Citi Prepaid Visa.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a long shot but would anyone be willing to send me a copy of their 940 receipt as long as it does not contain personal details & credit card numbers?

There's no scam or fiddle involved, I have a 940 with a valid promotion code sleeve and the unit was supplied direct from TomTom. My only problem is that the delivery note shows £0 value and when I last looked at the claim process TomTom are not onc of the listed retailers?
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
It's a bit of a long shot but would anyone be willing to send me a copy of their 940 receipt as long as it does not contain personal details & credit card numbers?

There's no scam or fiddle involved, I have a 940 with a valid promotion code sleeve and the unit was supplied direct from TomTom. My only problem is that the delivery note shows £0 value and when I last looked at the claim process TomTom are not onc of the listed retailers?

I have one do you want it so you can get the money and I can't?? Just send me £50 via paypal and I will send it. Razz
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the bit about listed retailers? I have not seen anything that says the device must be purchased from certain retailers and have not seen any list of retailers.

I cannot see why TomTom would not accept their own receipt, all they want that for is for the proof of purchase date. Whenever I have purchased something from TomTom directly I have always been emailed a full invoice.

Remember you have to actually send in the cardboard printed code part of the sleeve as well, so don't write down the number and discard it.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:
I have one do you want it so you can get the money and I can't?? Just send me £50 via paypal and I will send it. Razz

My hope was that someone who may have already received their cash back would be willing to provide a scanned copy, therefore not risking their claim.

I did check the retailer list again last night and there's now 'Other' my biggest concern is the zero £0 value, I have all the valid sleeve etc.
titanium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Where did you read this Reply with quote

can you post a link to where it states that purchases from Tom Tom direct excludes one from claiming the fuel credit.

Thanks

Lee
titanium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Where did you read this Reply with quote

can you post a link to where it states that purchases from Tom Tom direct excludes one from claiming the fuel credit.

I mailed my details via recorded delivery - for some reason the post office system failed to recognizes the postcode as being registered.

Thanks

Lee
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Where did you read this Reply with quote

titanium wrote:

Thanks

Lee

I've never said this, and I'm sure TomTom direct will be classed as 'Other' my concern is the fact that my TomTom receipt/delivery note states £0 cost.

I don't want to make a big thing of this, I'm sure that anyone that has a valid purchase will be OK, so please lets not have a 100+ posts regarding my request. My unit was shipped free of charge direct from TomTom and the reason for my original request, its not stolen, its just the £0 value that concerns me.
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a cut off date for applying for the free fuel card?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be applied for between 30 & 60 days from purchase. There was some sort of leeway for units given as Xmas presents.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: