Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi's Bad experience.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi's Bad experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erdalstomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Aldi's Bad experience. Reply with quote

I bought a Medion GoPal E3230 from Aldi's North Finchley branch in September. The screen freezes after a period of ½ an hour to forty minutes. It will then reinstate itself after 3-5 minutes, by which time I have missed my turning!
I took it back to Aldi's and their deputy manager told me that I had to contact Medion. I tried to explain consumer law to him i.e that the retailer has the responsibility to deal with the matter, but he would have none of it and told me that it was company policy. Furthermore he told me that he had spoken to a director ofthe company. He would not provide any contact details for customer services or any other department(another company policy)
I have written to the address on the back of a till receipt with absolutely no joy.
I will now take this to the trading standards office. Buyer beware!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to their no quibble refund policy?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's bad...

Have you tried ringing? 0844 406 8800

From their website...

Quote:
Contact Us
If you have a corporate or general enquiry write to us at:

Aldi Stores, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SQ

Or telephone 0844 406 8800

We aim to make sure every customer enjoys shopping with us and can rely upon us to deliver consistently high standards of customer care.

That's why we have trained customer service representatives in every one of our stores who will also be happy to help deal with any queries or comments you may have.

Please remember, your comments and views are always welcome.
erdalstomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Aldi Reply with quote

I have only just discovered their details myself and will contact them tomorrow. I will post on here as to how I get on. But thanks for providing their contact details.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are breaking company law. They are required to give you a contact address at least. Trading standards first I suggest. But then it is so easy nowadays to issue a writ - you can do it on the internet at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
erdalstomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Aldi Reply with quote

They are indeed breaking four different legislations, which I have quoted to them in my letter.
I have also spoken to their Customer Service people today, who initially took the same line as their store manager, but changed their stance when they realised that I may perhaps know a little more about consumer law than they anticipated.
They have promised to contact me within 48 hours and I will keep the forum posted.
erdalstomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: ALDI (LATEST) Reply with quote

About 2 hours ago, after endlesss number of promises that I would be contacted, I got a head office number through the "saynoto0870.com" website and spoke to someone called Debbie, who asked me to stay on the line and lo and behold, I was put through to the relevant Area Manager.
Now, I knew that this area manger had been avoiding me and he said that he didn't have a contact number for me. I know that this is a lie because; A. I was told that he had been provided the information and asked to call me. B. He told me that he had received my letter.
Anyway the upshot was that he conceded that his manager was breaking the 1979 Consumer Act and agreed to refund my money in full. He said that he would tell the store to expect me.
I shall go to the North Finchley store tomorrow and hopefully it should be resolved.
I'll put a closing update tomorrow. Watch this space!
erdalstomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Latest update. Reply with quote

After speaking to the Area Manager (very nice chap) yesterday, I think they were expecting me at the North Finchley Branch.
I approached a cashier and asked if I could speak to the manager. He said "I know about that sir" and made an immediate refund.
Curiously, he didn't check the contents of the box! I could have put a tin of sardines in there!
I think that it was the particular deputy manager at the store rather than the company that was being obstructive and unhelpful. But, at the end of the day it's the staff that are the "face" of the company that we see. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: