Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Colorado 300 Navigation settings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Colorado 300 Navigation settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alancragg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Colorado 300 Navigation settings Reply with quote

OK, I recently purchased a Colorado 300 to replace my trusty, battered, but still serviceable Magellan 3000XL, installed TOPO GB V2.0 and I am very impressed! But...

I also purchased CityNavigator for UK and Ireland, thinking the unit would replace my old HP 2215 with Tom Tom 5.0 for in the car, the only problem is (and I am probably being dense here...) I cannot get the unit to navigate using the recognised motorway routes like the Tom Tom. To go from Kent to Wales the unit tries to take me through London rather than round the M25, ie same as 'Shortest Route' on my Tom Tom, and I cannot find a setting to change it.

Any help gratefully received Smile
Zenelia
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: RE : Colorado 300 Navigation settings Reply with quote

i have some information related this topic, i will share with you later because i am chaking this.
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the fault of the Oregon but the CityNavigator software.

I use the route Maidstone to Wales and have had the same problem with other Garmin units:- Oregon, Colorado, 60CSX, iQue!!!

There are two faults on the route mentioned - either it takes you through London or Bracknell, it does not not like M4 J4b [M25]. It seems to have an in-built aversion to M4 J4b!! Perhaps as it has been so bad at the new Heathrow treminal entrance for so long!

Just create a via point/waypoint on the route and store that route in the unit.
Keep the two waypoints as a permanent features.
M4 J4b [E]
M4 J4b [W]

A real problem with the Oregon is that has only 3 options for vehicle type - truck and bus are missing. I always in the past used 'truck' as it saves some bad routing!!!!

My waypoints:-
M4-J04bE-M25----N51.49442 W0.50452
M4-J04bW-M25---N51.49421 W0.50378
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeQue wrote:

A real problem with the Oregon is that has only 3 options for vehicle type - truck and bus are missing. I always in the past used 'truck' as it saves some bad routing!!!!

Again the problem would be with the s/w - not the unit.

I thought the bus/lorry settings only affected the ETA calculation and not the routing Confused
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setting 'Truck' is missing from the Oregon unit. I have had it in most units in the last five years. The only options now are Car or Motorcycle/Pedestrian/Bicycle

The setting is in MapSource on the PC with CityNavigator [Bicycle/Bus/Car or Motorbike/Delivery/Emergency/Pedestrian/Taxi/Truck]

On the previous units the setting 'truck' has navigated different routes using CityNavigator so has been invaluable.

The Fault at the M25/M4 juction has been present for three years and in all my units. That seems to be a s/w problem with CityNavigator rather than the units.

Have you found the problems with your Garmin units?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: